Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Incorrect default on credit file

Bsmith2694
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, 

I have recently checked my credit file as i do every month. I was very suprised to find that Vodafone had added a defualt to my account this month. The amount the default was given for is £34, which was paid on the 10th July after receiving a letter through the post from Moorcroft Group (debt collection agency) . The account should have been closed well over a year ago, I was told numerous times after various phone calls with Vodafone customer service assistants that the account did not exist and no money was owed. I received a letter from a different debt collection agency around 6 months ago and was told by Vodafone that the amount was no longer needed to be paid and it was a mistake on their behalf. So when i recieved the letter from Moorcroft Group I just rang up and paid it (10th July 2017) because I could no longer be bothered with the hassle. I am a young person trying to get a mortgage and as you can imagine it is very hard with a default against your name, especially when its for such a small amount and clearly come about just from a lack of communication. Is there any chance of getting this default removed from my credit file as it is ruining my chance of getting a mortgage and will do for the next 6 years.

Thanks, B Smith

1 REPLY 1

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Bsmith2694 - I’m sorry to hear what’s happened.

We can take a look into this for you. So we can find your account, please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.