Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Internet red light flashing

Mohim2k13
2: Seeker

Hi, 

Vodafone have already wasted so much of my time, they tried everything remotely. Factory reset, optimal settings, different wires,  told me to take the master socket out etc. Even though I told them time and time again they need to send some engineers to check the line and connection. Story just goes on. Currently waiting for them to ring me back in 3 days. Then I'll have to wait even longer to arrange an appointment. It's the standard stuff everyone goes through. My old house had Vodafone and engineer fitted a new line as old line had issues. Due to house move I needed Vodafone installed at new house. And this is where I'm having issues. Internet red light flashes red. Looking at the logs it says

pppoe padi sent. This indicates router can't establish a connection to the wherever it gets the connection from. Is there anyone who can help me. I've lost my faith in Vodafone and don't know what to do but wait. I've advised them what they need to do(as I'm an engineer myself) but they have a tick list which they need to go over and over again until they will send an engineer out. Now taking two days off work on Monday and Tuesday, going the engineer comes on those days but I doubt it. 

Been without broadband for 8 days now. 

Mohim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Mohim2k13

SOLUTION BELOW 

After many calls and chats, just in case anyone else has the same issue finally sorted it(to an extent). Basically when i moved house vodafone changed the password(the password that router uses to login to vodafones network) and router was being rejected.

1. Ask vodafone to change the password on their side to the order password(This is the password that was originally set when the order was first created. If you move houses, they might change this, so its worth telling them to revert it back)

2. Hard reset the router by holding a pen inside the reset button. Green lights will flash slowly first. Then when it flashes fast remove the pen. Wait for a like 10 mins for lights to stabalise(This means router should start flashing the internet light red indicating its connecting.)

3. Give it some time. You will know its working if router lights go off. Put your hand over the lights and you should see a stable green internet light. 

4. Test wifi and ethernet and ensure it works.

VDLS at the time of writing was 13mb(so i cant get higher speeds then this for now). Was told this would need time to stabalise as router does its own updating/tests every few hours to make sure line is stable. So will wait. But vodafone wanted to send a new router at one point because they couldnt figure out the issue for many days. Hope this helps a customer.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

Mohim2k13

SOLUTION BELOW 

After many calls and chats, just in case anyone else has the same issue finally sorted it(to an extent). Basically when i moved house vodafone changed the password(the password that router uses to login to vodafones network) and router was being rejected.

1. Ask vodafone to change the password on their side to the order password(This is the password that was originally set when the order was first created. If you move houses, they might change this, so its worth telling them to revert it back)

2. Hard reset the router by holding a pen inside the reset button. Green lights will flash slowly first. Then when it flashes fast remove the pen. Wait for a like 10 mins for lights to stabalise(This means router should start flashing the internet light red indicating its connecting.)

3. Give it some time. You will know its working if router lights go off. Put your hand over the lights and you should see a stable green internet light. 

4. Test wifi and ethernet and ensure it works.

VDLS at the time of writing was 13mb(so i cant get higher speeds then this for now). Was told this would need time to stabalise as router does its own updating/tests every few hours to make sure line is stable. So will wait. But vodafone wanted to send a new router at one point because they couldnt figure out the issue for many days. Hope this helps a customer.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@Mohim2k13 Apologies that you've been having trouble with your broadband since your move. I'm glad that we've managed to get everything resolved now and your router's provisioned correctly.

Sorry for the delay in getting everything sorted for you. Don't hesitate to pop back to us with any queries in the future, we'll be happy to help in any way we can. 

Swapped wire around. Master socket 5c has two sockets. Used direct connection to left hand side one from router to master socket. Instantly jumped to 79 sync. Dont use a microfilter if you have the master socket 5c. Use right side socket for landline socket, can use microfilter there for landline if you want to.