Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Message Centre number changes by itself

ashonbooks
1: Seeker

Hi there,

I've got the Samsung Galaxy S6, and recently updated the system, about a week ago. 

Ever since then the message centre number keeps changing all by itself every time I close the messaging app. Which means every time I want to send a text I have to change the messaging centre number to the correct one, and it's driving me crazy!

Anything I can do to make sure setting the message centre number to the correct one stays permanent?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @ashonbooks

I would doubt that swapping between a PAYG and a pay monthly SIM would affect the Message Centre number, both use the same SMS centre number.

If you have recently updated the software, if you have not already done, it is always advisable to do a reset, this clears out any bugs remaining from the previous software.  

If you have an unlocked phone from an alternative network or have used an alternative SIM, the Message Centre Number could be defaulting to the original network.  

The Message Centre number should automatically be set when the SIM is inserted. You can try a replacement SIM card from a Vodafone Store, it may solve the problem.  It could also be something simple which Vodafone Store staff will be able to solve.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers

I've come across past circumstances where a person is using a Payg SIM card type instead of a pay monthly one which can cause such issues. 

Have you recently had a sim swap actioned to move your tariff and number from one SIM card to another ?

To add. 

https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Device-Guides/Messaging/Text-messaging/52324239/Set-up-your-phone-for...

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @ashonbooks

I would doubt that swapping between a PAYG and a pay monthly SIM would affect the Message Centre number, both use the same SMS centre number.

If you have recently updated the software, if you have not already done, it is always advisable to do a reset, this clears out any bugs remaining from the previous software.  

If you have an unlocked phone from an alternative network or have used an alternative SIM, the Message Centre Number could be defaulting to the original network.  

The Message Centre number should automatically be set when the SIM is inserted. You can try a replacement SIM card from a Vodafone Store, it may solve the problem.  It could also be something simple which Vodafone Store staff will be able to solve.

Thanks, the reset seems to have done the job! Probably just some leftover bugs from the previous software.