cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile Broadband - K3565, No 3G Signal B31 1DR?

gwalton
Not applicable
Moved house so needed a dongle as a short term replacement until my ISP re-installs my main connection, so I pop down my local vodafone shop and bought myself a dongle (K3565 Rev2) and bring it home and plug it in and that's where the fun begins..

Firstly your site reports "Exellent" 3G Coverage in my area, yet your dongle will only connect to GPRS,

If I select 3G only then it eventually finds a signal (No Bars) poor signal and drops it. I have spent 3 days trying constantly to get a connection (3G) and I've gave up.. I'm totally disapointed.

Also it keeps asking if I want to upgrade the software from lite to the other one but then doe's nothing about it, and it seems to lose the device alltogether sometimes and sits there waiting for me to plug it in even though it is in.. then it gets stuck finding a network and after all this I just get gprs :(

Is it really this bad?
1 REPLY 1

Retired-Jon_V
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi GarethB31,

I have checked your postcode, and we class this area somewhere between "Suburban" and "In-car" coverage - so although you will not expect full 5 bars worth of 3G signal, you should still be picking up 3 bars or thereabouts, so this does seem unusual.

If you put the SIM card from your modem into a phone, do you then pickup 3G signal ok? If you try the modem in a different area, does the same problem occur?

If you can try the above, this will help us to narrow down where the issue lies, whether it is a faulty modem, or a localised site issue. Please get back to us with what you discover :)

Jon

eForum Team