Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile Data button disappeared

aknox158
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi Everyone!

Simnce switching my S6 on this morning i have found that the mobile network "quick start" button which is ususually found when swiping down the phone along with the "wifi" "Location" and "sound/mute" buttoms etc are is no longer showing up. I have looked on the edit part of the quick settings to see if it was in there and it isn't. I can now longer access my mobile internet. Any help on this would be great,

AKnox158

47 REPLIES 47

@rogerstonewales - how did you get on with that cache wipe?

PWIAC

anonyy
3: Seeker
Band of brothers: the link you quoted is for this thread.

As someone else said go to settings mobile data. The hard reset advice mentions about taking out the battery, you cannot do this on s6 it's glued in.

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member
@anonyy - did you try a cache wipe as I outlined a few posts up? That may help. Please make sure you back up your data before doing that, just in case something goes wrong.

PWIAC

clairebefc
Mobile data icon removed by a samsung fault 3 days ago. No explanation from samsung they are simply telling people to factory reset which hasn't worked, and now to turn off app updates. So they expect us to have no mobile data and now have no updated apps, yet they are doing nothing to rectify situation and repeatedly ignoring when i ask for it to be fixed. Now will vodafone still be charging me for data i cannot even access for 3 days now and counting because i am not willing to pay for something i can't even use.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

It seems a few have had this issue.

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Samsung-Galaxy-S6-Edge/Mobile-Data-button-disappeared/m-p/2406231

You may want to speak to customer services or live chat for enquiries regarding your account. Vodafone will not be able to answer Account Specific questions here on the forum.They have direct Customer Contact Telephone Lines and Online Live Chat to assist with these types of enquiries.  

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Clairebefc.  You can still use your mobile data just a bit long winded in settings select data usage and you can turn it on/off there.

Cutescotslady
1: Seeker
Hi. Went to use mobile data yesterday and found that the button had dissappeared from the quick start menu. Can anyone help? It's not in the edit menu either.....completely gone!

Hi

Your not alone.

See https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Samsung-Galaxy-S6-Edge/Mobile-Data-button-disappeared/m-p/2406231

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

rogerstonewales
Did that. Mobile data is still missing

@rogerstonewales wrote:
Did that. Mobile data is still missing

Then I think you're going to have to do a factory reset of the device.  Please back up your data before doing this as it will completely wipe your device.

Here is how you do it, it is similar to wiping the cache:

• Turn off your phone
  • Press and hold Volume up, the home button and power button
  • The phone will reboot into recovery mode
  • Use the volume buttons to scroll to Wipe Data / Factory Reset
  • Select it using the power button
  • Use the power buttons again to scroll to Yes - delete all user data
  • Once the data is deleted scroll to Wipe Cache Partition and clear that to
  • Once it has completed, use the volume key to scroll to reboot system now and select it with the power button.

A number of users have reported that this sorts out the issue. 

PWIAC