Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile data not working

Harveydev
3: Seeker

I have put a pay as you go sim into my old
Contract phone for my son to use, but it comes up error saying mobile data not working please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

@Harveydev

You don't need to have data to download the settings but the PAYG access points settings should already be on the phone.

You need to go into your phone settings, networks > mobile networks > access point names and change the setting from contract to PAYG (prepaid)

If you are having problems, take the phone into a Vodafone store, and the staff will do this for you and make sure all is working.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS

Hi @Harveydev

You need to change your data access points from contract to PAYG.

Please see the link below.

How do I set up my phone for internet

This should be easily done on the phone by going into mobile networks >  access points and changing the setting from contract to PAYG.

Harveydev
Thanks for your reply I did that and got the txt to download the settings but as I can't access mobile data I can't download the settings, I run Vodafone but can never seem to be able to talk to a human being lol

AnnS

@Harveydev

You don't need to have data to download the settings but the PAYG access points settings should already be on the phone.

You need to go into your phone settings, networks > mobile networks > access point names and change the setting from contract to PAYG (prepaid)

If you are having problems, take the phone into a Vodafone store, and the staff will do this for you and make sure all is working.

Text WEB to 40127 and APN settings will be sent to your phone - install them (follow prompts) and it should work