Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile data settings don't work.

giabinh
1: Seeker

I've recently bought an unlocked phone from a friend(htc m8) and got it and it works wonders.

The only problem is I don't have mobile data on it. I've recieved the, we'll be sending you mobile settings etc etc notification and I still haven't recieved one yet. Went instore and they said my simcard slot was dusty. I don't believe that.

I tried setting my mobile data manually by configuring my apn settings but it doesn't work, tried 4-5 different settings deleting and reusing and restarting my phone every update i have but to no avail.

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @giabinh

I use the ones from vodafone-apn-settings ensuring you use the specific parts for pay Monthly or Payg. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

If you go into Setting|Mobile Data (and, I think, |More), is there an option for Get Settings From Provider?   I've used that in the past and it's worked although, if the settings are incorrect, or not present, inserting a SIM card should trigger their being sent.   You could use a hurrican blower to blow the Sim slot out. although I agree with you that, if the phone works for calls and texts, that's unlikely to be the issue.  It could be the SIM and the first port of call would be a new one.  Customer Services can send one, of a Vodafone shop can give you one and activate it at the same tim.