Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My Vodafone App

SeanSherlock
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I downloaded the app from the Apple AppStore. When I opened it I got this message:

"As you don’t have a mobile phone account with us you won’t be able to check your account details on this app. But you will be able to see them by going to my Vodafone."

1. How does it know who I am? - I didn’t get as far as a login screen.

2. If I don’t have a mobile phone account (I do) how can I check my account on "My Vodafone"?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for all the replies. I downloaded app for phone and it worked fine. 

View solution in original position

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

How long have you had a Vodafone account @SeanSherlock ?

Have you ported to Vodafone or opened up a new Account ?

Can you register with the online version of myvodafone ?

Customer Services on 191 or Live Chat can access your Account and help. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @SeanSherlock

Before you are able to download the My Vodafone application to the phone, you need an online account, the application will then follow.  It is advisable to clear your PC cache and cookies before registering an account.

When you have the online account set up and running and are able to acccess your bills and manage the account, you will need to delete the application from the phone and all traces from your icloud Apple account and download a fresh copy and it should work.

However, if you have only just joined Vodafone, you need to have some billing information to view and be out of the proratered billing stage before being in a position to manage your usage.

hrym

The quick answer to your first question is that it picks your number up from the SIM.   If you've only just joined, it's possible that the account isn't fully set up ro available yet, or that you may need to set up your online account first, as was suggested.

Thanks for the replies.

I’ve been a Vodafone user for several years.

I have no problems accessing My Vodafone online.

I had a long session with someone on the online chat line who didn’t seem to read what I was writing. They - without being asked - changed my login ID and password and generally couldn’t help at all.

I downloaded the app onto my iPad - not my phone - which doesn’t have a SIM card so I’m still confused as to how the app imagined I didn’t have a mobile account. And if it figured I didn’t have an account with Vodafone, how would visiting My Vodafone online help?

Edit: I’ve also deleted and reinstalled the app to no avail.

AnnS

Hi @SeanSherlock

If you have tried to instal the application to your ipad which does not have a SIM card, this will be the cause of the problem.

The application needs to recognise the SIM and mobile number and be connected to the network to locate your details.

Getafix
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

You need to delete the App from your App Store and all associated data. Looks like you have saved data attached to App which it is trying to use when you install it.

Try downloading it on to your phone.

Then try logging in with a data connection - not WiFi.

Does this work?

hrym

Yes, the app won't work on a device without a SIM - as I said previously, it uses the details from this to identify you.

I used to have it on an old device that no longer has a SIM.   It worked (because I'd been previously identified) until there was a major update that was effectively a new installation, then it stopped because there was no SIM.

The initial setup does need to be done over mobile data (not wifi), but the app will prompt you for this.

Thanks for all the replies. I downloaded app for phone and it worked fine.