Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My Vodafone app doesn't work following Nougat upgrade

aadshead
4: Newbie
I've just upgraded my Nexus 5X to Android 7 Nougat and since the upgrade I can't get the My Vodafone app to work.

I get a couple of seconds of splash screen then a page with a message saying "We're having a few technical difficulties at the moment. We're working hard to get things sorted." Underneath is a big 'retry' button.

I've tried clearing cache, resetting the app and uninstall/reinstall but none of these change anything.

Any similar experiences
81 REPLIES 81

@63johnw wrote:
@bobpullen the ones on my app are pulled from my contacts details.

It would be the most obvious place to look wouldn't it :smileylol:

Now sorted, thanks.

Credit to Vodafone for the short space of time between sending an SMS acknowledging the problem and having a fix in place three days later.

My advice (for what it’s worth) to Vodafone in the event of a similar reoccurrence, is first to communicate sooner.  And, at the same time to give customers some sort of forecast of how long it might reasonably take to resolve.

People understand that problems occur, and I suspect that one non-functioning app wouldn’t make most people’s top three in life’s list of problems.  But, it’s significance can and does increase in the absence of any meaningful communication on the subject.

Hope no one minds if I resurrect this thread. I've switched to a Nexus 5x running Nougat 7.0 and now the My Vodafone app won't work - all other apps from my previous handset are fine. The message I get is:

My Vodafone can't find your details. This may be because you have another app or service that uses a VPN

There is a link to a help page that explains "disabling a VPN' but settings there seem to be as they should be (IP address begins 82.255 and it doesn't  say proxy detected).  Also under the phone settings under VPN it says "No VPNs added". I've also uninstalled/reinstalled the app etc.  Anyone have the same issue or any ideas of a fix? Thanks.

melonman
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
I can confirm it's working on my Nexus 6p following this text from Vodafone:

"Good news - we've now fixed the issue that was preventing Android N (Nougat) users from accessing the My Vodafone app. There's no need to reinstall the app, simply open it to access your account. We're sorry for any inconvenience caused."

Took a while but got there in the end.

bobpullen
8: Helper
What's the 3rd octet of that IP address? ie. What comes after 255?

It says 85.255.234.194

London

England

GB

Vodafone limited

The app has also caused the phone to restart on one occasion, since when the 'SIM Tools' icon is missing from the app drawer.

bobpullen
Thanks, that IP range is definitely Voda's so not sure what's going on there. I would say clear app cache but if you've already uninstalled/reinstalled then should have covered that ???

Thanks again. I cleard data/cleared cache and it made no difference. Have checked access point settings (contract wap) and all seems ok. Have made/received calls, sent/received texts and accessed data over 4g, 3g and edge - I'm stumpted!

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)
Always rather reluctant to suggest it, but have you thought of a factory data reset? Have to back everything up first, of course, but it might be worth a shot.

I have considered a reset but am  reluctant to do that as I only set it up out of the box yesterday! All I did was sign in to my Google account, installed the 7.0 update then started using the phone. The only apps installed prior to the update were the standard system apps.

Given that it's only one app if I can't find a solution I'll wait to see if a future update fixes things.