cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My quest for a NUC code for my Vodafone Platinum 7 from Vodafone!

yoghurtbrain
4: Newbie

I have spent nearly 2 months and many hours on the phone to the Pay as you go team, all around the world, to obtain a network unlock code for my phone.

The complete ineptitude of the unlock team defies belief.

11 requests for a NUC, 1 by me via the internet and the other 10 by the PAYG team.

Lots of apologies and escalations which do nothing to get me a NUC code for my phone. On my last call to the PAYG team yesterday I decided enough was enough. I called and requested a 'letter of deadlock' as my nerves can take no more of this incompetence.

It does not surprise me that Vodafone, in the U.K. ,has been ranked the worst service provider for the last 4 years.

44 REPLIES 44

It is now Monday 10th April 2017 - my complaint to the director complaint dept that was initiated by my complaint e-mail on the 24th March 2017 to nick jeffery c.e.o. customer services u.k.

There has been no communication from the contact assigned to the complaint, Edward Robinson, since my last call to him on Friday last. Currently they are pusuing a code from the manufacturer!!!!!!!!!

I have just contacted edward robinson's dept, but only spoke with someone else. They checked my account and advised that they are still awaiting the code!

I requested they update my account to show I had called and requested an update. I also requested that edward robinson e-mail me when he gets the code or if it is taking to long.

SNORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@yoghurtbrain Thanks for updating us, and apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.

If you'd like us to chase this up for you, please reply to our latest email. Alternatively, any updates you require can also be provided by the Customer Relations team. 

What is the definition of a Vodafone customer service person.........a deaf parrot!

Why, because you do not listen to what the customers problem is and you just repeat the same thing time and time and time and time and time and time and time again.

Becca_P
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@yoghurtbrain

As the community is a public platform, we're unable to look into anything account specific on here.

So we're able to help you further, as suggested by @Tash, please reply to our latest email so we can chase up the network unlock code (NUC) for you. 

It is now Thursday 13th April 2017 and vodafone's solution was for me to swap my Platinum 7 for another one which I have done at one of their stores, yesterday. Now I have a different imei they believe they can successfully  supply a valid nuc code. I await the next week or so to see if I receive a valid code and after 3 months of sheer stress and frustration with vodafone, end up with a Platinum 7 off the vodafone network.

I will update if I hear anything form vodafone.

It is now the evening of the 13th April 2017...and I was eagerly awaiting the unlock code for replacement phone.

What i got was a reply from the nuc team saying they were unable to unlock my NEW phone because the imei was different to that on my Vodafone account!!!!!!!!!!

The request for an unlock code was placed by the directors complaints dept who gave them the new imei number. You would think someone may have had the brain capacity to update my account with the new imei, no that would really be asking for to much would it not.

I am sitting on my sofa typing this and thinking that if this 3 month journey of pure incompetence was not so sad, I would be laughing, hysterically that is.

VODAFONE JUST DO YOUR JOB FOR ONCE AND STOP ACTING LIKE A BUNCH OF INCOMPETENT IDIOTS.

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@yoghurtbrain 

I’m sorry to hear you’re still experiencing issues with this.

I’m glad the NUC team have now been given your new IMEI number – they’ll be able to get this resolved for you.

If you do need any further help from our team, please reply back to the lastest email we sent and we can look into this again.

In reply to Colleen (moderator) entry 14-04-2017 09:43 am to my entry 13-04-2017 10:38 pm.

The point I was making in my entry was that the unlock code request failed because someone in vodafone had not updated my vodafone account details with the NEW imei number.

Colleen if you had actually bothered to read my entry it explains that even though the NUC team had the NEW imei they were unable to resolve the issue because the imei they were given for my new phone, which wasted 2 hours of my time to travel to and pick up, did not match because my old phone's imei was still on my vodafone account.

So NO the NUC team CANNOT resolve this until my account is updated.

Why not put in a little effort and inwardly digest the facts before you blurt out a load of old rubbish. Complete waste of space.

I have contacted the directors complaints dept and had the account corrected. Although it is now the Easter bank holiday and considering vodafone do nothing during the normal week. I would expect even less activity over the holiday season. At some point I may or may not get this phone liberated from this situation and on to a decent network who actually listen to their customers and even better are prompt and efficient in their resolutions.

How vodafone is so successful as a business bewilders me.

Right, I am off to enjoy my easter holiday on the island retreat, no network there anyway.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@yoghurtbrain – I’m sorry to hear this isn’t resolved.

So we can look into everything further, please reply to the last email we sent.