Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NOTE 7 - Vodafone must give clear position

gpd1965
6: Helper
6: Helper

As a note fan since the original NOTE 1 the current situation is pretty disappointing. I think my Note 7 is great however IF there is another recall or the phone is pulled completely then Vodafone MUST provide better communication and process than before.

We must be told clearly what the options are, either all staff need to be aligned with the message or refer all questions to a Note 7 team.

If the Note 7 is pulled there must also be clear statements about alternative handsets and costs incurred e.g. accessories bought 

Vodafone obviously need time to understand what Samsung are going to do but Vodafone MUST take a lead in communication and learn from the past

35 REPLIES 35

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Most recent announcements is http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Announcements/Samsung-Galaxy-Note-7-Update/m-p/2528058#M221

Totally understand its a frustrating situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

yes as I have said, Vodafione need time to establish the facts with Samsung and hopefully it will be all ok. However if Samsung pull the Note 7 Vodafone need to be very clear in what options the customer has and how to go about these. Time to get things right is fine, but the debacle of how Vodafone managed the past month is not

drey_p
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

@gpd1965 wrote:

Time to get things right is fine, but the debacle of how Vodafone managed the past month is not

I think that, because the situation has been very fluid and constantly changing, it ha been hard to manage for any of the networks.  You will similar complaints on forums worldwide - the issue isn't specific to Vodafone. 

PWIAC

sorry i disagree, if you look at the forums here for Note 7 you will see the examples of people beign told different things by four people, orders having to be re-entered 5-6 times, i had to make 15 calls to actually get my note 7 to be exchanged. In any business that is simply poor customer service,

Vodafone can't control the event e.g. the issue with the device but they can manage the communciation to their customers. if not this will bite Vodafone very hard, after all whatever the issue, Vodafone as the reseller are liable

Please Vodafone learn from the mistakes and actively ensure communication to customers is effective

You're right, but as a Vodafone customer that's not my job. they need to provide a seamless service, and I have been lied to, told various things that didn't happen and had no proactivesuggestions. I worked in marketing for fifteen years and had I behaved as Vodafone do, I would have been sacked. doing the bare minimum as required by uk law is pretty poor.

BandOfBrothers

If Samsung completely pull the note 7 then I agree the networks need to establish a clear objective. 

Those that have their note 7's already should be able to return it to stores wether they were ordered online or not. And either a suitable choice of alternative phones or a return to pre upgrade status asap so a person can wait and watch. 

Those still waiting for their note 7 units should be contacted and the order quashed and suitable reasonable alternatives given. 

This is of course just my opinion as a fellow customer. Vodafone need to take the initiative here and support fully the affected customers. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

HI @gpd1965 @johnlaverty

Please see the following link to our announcements page with the most up to date information regarding this situation.

Thanks,

Viki

@viki_R unfortuantely when you phone the number  that team is unable to provide much clarity unless you want to just swap the Note 7 for a s7 edge and keep the 24 month contract. If I had wanted an s7 edge for 24 months i would have ordered it when it was first released 7 months ago. Other people have phoned and be told all sorts of thinsg including "do you want another note 7".

@gpd1965

Could you please try calling once more and let me know what they say to you?

You should be given more options than that and all agents would have been briefed on the issue and should know how to help you.

Thanks,

Viki