main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

This is a locked archive and content on this page may no longer be up to date. These posts and threads have been archived for reference only.

Archive

Network Unlocking Code (NUC)

SOLVED
View solved solution
4: Newbie

Hi

thanks for that, I will keep trying, but i wont hold my breath, purpled doesn't suit me lol.

I appreciate that time you have given me on this.

many thanks

Strippy74. 

Spoiler

View more options

Hi Amanda

sorry for mis-typing your name... oops.

View more options

Hi @ Amanda Tech Team

The original owner has been in touch and he believes that he will be charged £19.99 to complete and submit the NUC form.

Surely that is charged if its a PAYG phone or a monthly contract under 12 months old? could you confirm please?

thanks

Strippy74

(at least I spelt your name right today!)

View more options
2: Seeker

been waiting for a unlock code been given the runaround by vodafone .cant get a unlock code in the time scale as promised. reported them to off com i urge others to do the same. type in offcom and follow instructions.staff in there shops dont understand i cant unlock it if i put my new providers sim in without the unlock code.allso go onto thr which magazine site and sign the petition for the banning of being locked into a provider.

View more options
17: Community Champion

There is no unlock code for any Apple device. 

Once you've requested the unlock from Vodafone they pass the request to Apple and you have to complete the unlock by syncing to iTunes with the new sim in the phone.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View more options

Hi

I have now bought a PAYG SIM, the phone works! however it is still locked ot Vodafone.

The original owner is going to get in touch (I am hoping anyway) with Vodafone to request the NUC.

I willawait for him to confirm he has done this then I will try to sync with iTunes. I understand there will be no formal confirmation, so it's a case of keep trying everyday on iTunes to see if the phone has been unlocked.

If not, as the phone is not under contract, can i not register the phone/SIM with Vodafone and then complete the NUC form myself?

View more options

Vodafone will only ever unlock a phone for the original owner I'm afraid.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View more options

Hi @jeffkinn

thanks, lol that has ruined my plan!

back to the original owner adn tell him it has to be him that has to request the unlock code, would htere be a cherge to him or I then?

cheers

View more options

£19.99 for a PAYG phone

£19.99 for a contract under one year.

Free for a contract over one year.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View more options

Perfect

I know it was a contract phone and he has had it over a year, so at least that is one hurdle out of the way, no cost to either one of us.

thanks once again.

View more options

Hi

the plot thickens....!

The original owner has emailed me to tell me after checking his records, the phone is a PAYG.

I have topped the phone up with £20, can I or am I able to complete the NUC form or does it still have to be the original owner?

thanks

View more options

Hi @ jeffkinn

following you quote "Vodafone will only ever unlock a phone for the original owner I'm afraid."

does this also apply to PAYG phone over 24 months old?

thanks

View more options

No that only applies to contract phones. All a PAYG phone needs is an active sim with at least £19.99 credit on it.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View more options

Thanks jeffkinn

you words are like music to my ears.

I have topped up the phone today with £20 adn completed the NUC form online.

hopefully within 10 working days my phone will be unlocked. fingers crossed.

Will keep you posted.

once again, thank you.

View more options

Hi 

I submitted the NUC form onl;ine over 48 hours ago adn there is still £20 credit on the PAYG SIM.

Is this normal? If Vodafone have to go back to Apple, do Vodafone take the £19.99 fee after or before?

thanks

Jay

View more options

been back to vodafone about unlock code ,they all should wear big red spoon shaped shoes and have liar tattoed on their foreheads starting with the c.e.o. whilts someone playing the march of the clowns.

View more options

Hi

I wanted to let you know that I have actually recieved adn email from The NUC team at Vodafone and they are in the process of unlocking my phone

I stil have to wait 48 hours, so i will try conecting this to iTunes and keep trying as suggested by another user earlier in this thread.

thank you all for your help. I will be back ina weekand will let you know how i get/got on.

View more options

more empty promisess from the clowns at vodafone told it had been put into top priority and i wwould get the unlock code straight away that was four days ago .Then it was going to be today ,nothing.Ive up their clowns to the top of the tree now ,cant get better than a vodafone liar .

View more options

@strippy74 Good news but bear in mind that Apple doesn't rush to unlock phones. They can take many days to process the unlock and there is nothing that Vodafone can do about it and Apple won't tell you anything.

@bobsomer as I've said before, iPhones don't have unlock codes. If you don't have an iPhone your posting on the wrong board.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View more options

@jeffkin - thanks for you help

@kids - thanks for all you pointers much appreciated

lets see what transpires in a week Sunday.

View more options