Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New Firmware

Soundlab
4: Newbie

Usually, when new firmware is out (even if it's for unbranded) there is often comment about when we'll receive it, amazed I've not seen other comments yet :smileyhappy: 

Anyway, apparently there are speed improvements to opening the camera and gallery, along with improvements for the fingerprint scanner and general performance tweeks.  Be interesting to try once we get it...

12 REPLIES 12

Northern-dj
16: Advanced member

Soundlab yes you are correct there is a update due out and i also am surprised that there is not alot on here about it, But the uptake of the S5 might have something to do with this

Plus many now no that expecting a update from Vodafone and being told what is on there is a long shot

The update that Samsung is rolling out and Vodafone will have to is for Bug fixes in Stock apps as you pointed out

getting Networks to roll this out is the challenge, they only move quick if it effects sales.

Sales will pick up as More S3 users are due to upgrade soon, But samsung has upset alot of them by not updating there S3 to the KitKat firmware, Also the S5 for Many has come quicker then Normal, so for alot there months away from a Upgrade.

The S5 Is a Good phone and even Vodafone has had stock issues

When the update comes it should not need a factory wipe as its not a Major update, this  just tweeks and bug fixes, which can happen when a New phone is out in the wild and the real world, and not in the hands of testers and networks.

jamsterdm
10: Established
Still we wait call me impatient but the camera to gallery transition is too slow!

i don't no you speed freaks lol

If its a unbranded handset and its a fix rom then Branded get the rom first then the unbranded

just the way Samsung works

jamsterdm
Updated this am :Smiling:

drmagwai
4: Newbie

Got my update over the air this morning.

Thanks Vodafone. Timely updates are very important to me so I appreciate it.

drey_p

@drmagwai wrote:

Got my update over the air this morning.

Thanks Vodafone. Timely updates are very important to me so I appreciate it.

You mean thanks Samsung as it is them who are responsible for actually rolling out the update.  Vodafone simply approve the update and have any customisations added after they have tested the firmware works with their network.

PWIAC

I guess I mean both Samsung and Vodafone.

Since Vodafone could sit on it indefinitely we have to appreciate thay they got it out to us without a big delay.

Northern-dj

well the big question is whats New well

Nothing other then dumping the Myweb app on (uninstalled that)

but its still 4.4.2 pointless asking Vodafone whats new as they will come out with the same old excuses

But thanks to Sammobile who giggled when i tweeted them says, come on Northerndj were you been lol

see

http://www.sammobile.com/2014/05/12/galaxy-s5-update-brings-faster-camera-and-improved-fingerprint-s...

It seems to be a Tweek update but it triggered Vodafone to send me my internet settings again

which has the myweb webpage Grrrrrrrr

But realy who uses that as well

any how I have been checking out kies 3 and well i hate saying this but it worked

so there now seems to be two vertions of this shocking software

it  seems stable and managed the update

But it would be Nice for Vodafone to Find out from Samsung what is on, They do no as they get told when there testing the rom

as we no updating is a Night mare and now made worce as the OTA has ran out of downloads

Kies is ok tho

As for sitting on Roms there are rules to Vodafone that they signed up to and they have to have a Valid excuse not to roll out a update now

with this rom its a fix but Vodafone thought ooo lets sneak the Myweb app on

Sorry we don't want or use or ever going to use and it will go the same way as Vodafone 360

any one reading this and updating via Kies DO NO UNPLUG WHEN IT SAYS SO

what until the phone totaly reboots

Well IMO fingerprint scanner has improved, camera seems quicker as does the performance of the phone, h+ seems to show more and most importantly my battery seems better than it was and I've used it more today than usual....