Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Nexus 6 P

dazzle
4: Newbie

I Ordered one  in October as an upgrade, the order never progressed and after several live chats, wasted day off as I was assured all was ok,  I've now been told by vodafone (Irish call centre) that you no longer offer the phone. Yet it's still listed, with free tablet, on the vodafone Web site. 

Can someone here shed any light on this before I use the code and transfer the phone number change networks 

Thanks in advance 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nabs
17: Community Champion

@dazzle wrote:
I've still a Web order stuck on processing. I've spoken to another customer services person in upgrades and she was all ready to send it out, then came back with a "it's out of stock and Vodafone aren't getting anymore"

I wonder if it's the older Nexus 6 that the order has gone through for... and every time you speak to someone it's that handset they are refering to.

I've just had a quick LC session and the advisor was saying there was "no official update yet" in reference to when the 6P would be on sale. That would lead me to think that Vodafone haven't actually taken delivery of any as yet. I'd take a guess their initial stock hasn't actually arrived and they are not sure when it will appear. If you were to order from the Play Store today it's currently not available until the 12th so Vodafone's 2-3 week estimate probably isn't far off. Carphone Warehouse is only taking Pre-Orders which again would indicate that the handset isn't yet available. 

@dazzle wrote:
They really are quite useless, they don't even know the company making it.

It's a bit of an awkward one, would you class it as Google or Huawei that manufactures it?  For me it's Huawei as they make the pysical device but froma  commercial perspective it's Google as they commisioned it's design and manufacture.

View solution in original position

20 REPLIES 20

BandOfBrothers

We are fellow customers here with no access to Vodafones systems. 

If this was me I'd ring back to speak to a different agent just to see if the information remained the same. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

@dazzle

I suspect the reason your order has not been updated is due to the phone being out of stock rather than no longer offered.

If you look on the website, you will see the phone is available for home delivery in two to three weeks.  Store will also have delivery in two to three weeks.

As soon as Vodafone have the phone in stock, your order will be updated and you will receive a further email when the phone has been despatched.

Thank you for the replies. Why are the customer team saying we no longer offer that model anymore? All very frustrating and costly, I'm no rocket scientist but a days holiday isn't cheap. 

BandOfBrothers

You're Welcome. 

Perhaps ask again with Customer services. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

That took over an hour last time but hey, look on the bright side. I've got a whole day to waste now. *groan* :smileylol:

Nabs

The Nexus 6 has been discontinued and replaced with the Nexus 6P, I guess the advisor you spoke to previously was confused by the model of handset being discussed. I wonder if that is the issue with your upgrade also, did you order online yourself or did you speak to an advisor?

dazzle
I've still a Web order stuck on processing. I've spoken to another customer services person in upgrades and she was all ready to send it out, then came back with a "it's out of stock and Vodafone aren't getting anymore" Yet it still shows on the website that I can order it. They really are quite useless, they don't even know the company making it.

Nabs

@dazzle wrote:
I've still a Web order stuck on processing. I've spoken to another customer services person in upgrades and she was all ready to send it out, then came back with a "it's out of stock and Vodafone aren't getting anymore"

I wonder if it's the older Nexus 6 that the order has gone through for... and every time you speak to someone it's that handset they are refering to.

I've just had a quick LC session and the advisor was saying there was "no official update yet" in reference to when the 6P would be on sale. That would lead me to think that Vodafone haven't actually taken delivery of any as yet. I'd take a guess their initial stock hasn't actually arrived and they are not sure when it will appear. If you were to order from the Play Store today it's currently not available until the 12th so Vodafone's 2-3 week estimate probably isn't far off. Carphone Warehouse is only taking Pre-Orders which again would indicate that the handset isn't yet available. 

@dazzle wrote:
They really are quite useless, they don't even know the company making it.

It's a bit of an awkward one, would you class it as Google or Huawei that manufactures it?  For me it's Huawei as they make the pysical device but froma  commercial perspective it's Google as they commisioned it's design and manufacture.

dazzle
Thank you, I'll wait and see what happens over the next few days/weeks. :Smiling: