cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No roaming data in Europe - Red Boundle. No hope?

kkrempa
3: Seeker
Hi, please someone help me. I have a mobile data and roaming both on. I've spoken to 5 Vodafone advisors and neither couldn't help me. I have used roaming data on this device Samsung s4 before so I know how to use it, but since I have the new contract red bundle with free roaming data (2gb none used), I don't have it at all! Everything else works.

They took all the bars off, send me new wap and mms APN settings, checked all modes and networks, soft resets and yet still no Internet. I'm in Poland, which is included in the red bundle. Help!
8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

Did you try your sim in another phone just in case. 

Unfortunately Vodafone wouldn't be able to guarantee roaming would always work while abroad. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

kkrempa
No i haven't because just before I've changed the contract when I had to pay for roaming it did work on the same phone. I don't have access to another handset either.

AnnS

Hi @kkrempa

Although Vodafone mention they have removed all bars, you may still have a bar somewhere which needs to be removed.

As your text messages are working and you would be able to receive the code, it would be an idea to check there is not a bar enabled for data while roaming on your online account.

It might also be worth trying to connect to an alternative roaming network and changing the mode on your phone.  If you are trying to use 4G, it may be that 3G and 2G is only available in the area.

kkrempa
Thanks Anns, unfortunately I've tried all of that already. I've check all bars myself and through Vodafone. Also I've tried all networks, only one enables me to connect, the coverage has full bar and there's R next to it. I've also check all modes, Vodafone told me to leave it on WDCMA/GSM (auto). And I was told to be on wap access point which I was given through text to enable data and MMS.

Getafix
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Have you checked the settings on your phone?

There is option which can block international calls.

kkrempa
The calls are working fine, it's just the data.

kkrempa
Miracle, 4 days without the Internet and all the sudden this morning without changing the settings, my Internet started working on 3g. Over the nigh I've pressed airplane mode for faster change, which is the usual for me but What I've noticed in my settings has changed is that no APN is ticked. That's strange, isn't it?

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@kkrempa That certainly is strange! We're glad it's working however :Smiling:

If you have any further issues, please let us know.