Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Not able to send SMS

hjbrook
2: Seeker

I haven't been able to send SMS texts for 3 days now. I've checked my allowances and I have unlimited texts, and my calls and data are still working fine. I've tried texting 4 different people and still no luck so it's not just the one number.

I've restarted my phone several times, activated airplane mode several times and checked my BARS settings and I still cannot send texts. I've also reset my network settings, and this hasn't worked either.

Help please!!

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Are you are adding in emoji  or sending texts over 180 characters that could be converting the sms to mms or are you sending messages to other iPhone's that need a data connection to send. 

Customer Services on 191 or Live Chat can check your account. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I've tried sending texts with emojis (never had a problem until now), and just plain texts, neither of which are over the character limit.

Can't seem to get through on live chat (won't load the connection), and my vodafone app seems to be down too, but I'll try 191

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Please let us know if you need any further assistance after speaking with us on 191 and we'll be happy to help @hjbrook :Smiling:

hjbrook

I've just tried this, I've turned my phone on and off, checked BARS, turned airplane mode on and off and I still cannot send texts however I can still use my data and make calls. Please can you advise?