Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PAC Code not received

Garrod11
1: Seeker

I have applied for a pac code and it has not arrived - been over 10 days. I am annoyed because I have upgraded to an iphone 8 and longstanding customer. Please can you confirm if it is in the system and due to be sent. I went to my vodafone shop in Dorchester Dorset and they did it online for me. I need it asap as I want to give my old phone to my mum for Christmas . Please let me know how I can get a pac code today or tomorrow at the latest. Thank you 

2 REPLIES 2

donnyguy
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Hey there,

I'm guessing you mean a network unlocking code (so the phone will accept any sim) rather than a PAC code (the code which allows you to leave Vodafone and take your number with you).

Firstly, have you asked them for the right code (was it just a typo here?)

Working on the assumption this is about unlocking the handset, what model phone is it? As if it's an iPhone, it may have already been done. Best way of checking is trying your mums sim in it.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Garrod11

Check in any spam email inboxes too just incase any Vodafone emails have dropped into there concerning the unlock code for the phone. 

If this is in connection to an iPhone. 

An iPhone is not unlocked via inputting an unlocking code like other phone makes are, but instead is unlocked remotely via Apple and their Database.

The Vodafone Network typically lets a person know it's unlocking has been requested to Apple after accepting your online unlock request. (Please Check Spam Inboxes too)

The iPhone isn't actually unlocked at this stage.

Apple then process the Networks request and occasionally this can take approximately up to 30 days sometimes to complete an unlock request made by a Network.

Please Periodically insert an active Alternative Networks Sim Card in the iPhone and hooking up to iTunes is only typically needed if its an iPhone 4 or older.

When it's unlocked you should see a pop up message and the alternatives Networks name will show in the iPhone's status bar.

From the iPhone 5 onwards there's not normally the need to hook up to iTunes to complete the process.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.