Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

PAYG iPhone 5s mobile data

EmilyChilds
1: Seeker

Hi I'd appreciate it if anyone would spend the time reading this to help me. I've got an iPhone 5s on Vodafone pay as you go and I have a £10 big value bundle as well as £7 of credit. My mobile data works but doesn't on any social media sites like Snapchat or Facebook. I've contacted apple they said restart my phone and reinstall the apps I've done everything they said and none of which have worked. Their response to this was there's not a problem with your phone it's the network and to contact them. In my settings the apps I want mobile data to be on don't even have the option to turn it on. This probably makes no sense but I'd appreciate if anyone could help thanks x

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Apps sometimes have their own preferences settings which if so can be accessed by settings. 

I personally do not agree with Apple that it could be the network. As you mentioned your data connection works fine. 

Have you tried deleting the app(s) and remove them from your iTunes too in your computer if you use one. 

Then redownload them and try launching them again. 

In regards to Facebook try accessing your account via using the URL box in safari or google. It's the box you key in your searches etc. See if your able to use Facebook that way. 

Can you also try your Sim in another phone to see if the apps work on another phone. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Yes I've done that with the apps I did everything apple said and they insisted it was the provider but what I said to him on the phone was on my iPhone 4s my mobile data worked fine for all my apps so why doesn't it now. It won't work for anything at all my mobile data on my current phone for any apps it's ridiculous 

Ok.

In your first post you said "My mobile data works but doesn't on any social media sites like Snapchat or Facebook.

In your post here you say "It won't work for anything at all my mobile data on my current phone for any apps it's ridiculous "

Can you clarify if it is indeed your social media apps or any apps ?

As the iPhone 4s takes a different sized SIM card to your current iPhone 5s I assume you've performed a Sim Swap. Does absolutely everything else 100% work fine or not in relation to connecting to the Networks Data Connection and with other apps ?

When you switched iPhone models how did you move your content from one iPhone to another  ? I.e. iCloud. 

As I mentioned previously > Can you try your sim in another phone and try to use the apps that's being affected on your own iPhone. If you don't have access to one then a Vodafone Highstreet Store may have an in house phone to try. 

Also trying another SIM card in your phone ? The Vodafone Highstreet Store will have active SIM cards in house if you do not have one. 

A last resort could be to make a back up to iCloud and then restore your iPhone via iTunes but when re setting it back up choose the 'set up as new iPhone' option so not using your back up created, and then download a fresh copy of the apps your having issue with and see if it works. If it does then it could be that something in your back up is somehow hindering the apps. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the help I've took my phone to the apple shop and it was a problem with the phone not the sim or provider.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@EmilyChilds Thanks for updating us all. Were they able to resolve the issue for you?

If there's anything we can help with in the future, please don't hesitate to get in touch :smileyhappy: