Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pay monthly bill

Tracycavanagh1
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to reduce my pay monthly contract bill? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Tracycavanagh1

There have been previous posts asking this question.  You have to keep to the agreement, if you are on a full contract with a handset, you can't pay less for your contract.

The only time you are able to pay less will be when you are in your upgrade period and take out a new 24 months contract agreement with a handset, you are then able to take advantage of the new tariff even if the contract is less than you are paying now.

If you are having problems paying your bill, you need to contact Vodafone, they will be able to arrange a 6 month affordable payment plan to give you some time to get your finances in order.  Please be aware that any payment plan will be reported against your credit file and is always best avoided if possible.

Whatever you do do not let anyone use the contract and trust them to pay the bill, there have been too many instances on this forum where the trustworthy friend failed to pay the bill and got the account holder in a lot of trouble.

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS

Hi @Tracycavanagh1

There have been previous posts asking this question.  You have to keep to the agreement, if you are on a full contract with a handset, you can't pay less for your contract.

The only time you are able to pay less will be when you are in your upgrade period and take out a new 24 months contract agreement with a handset, you are then able to take advantage of the new tariff even if the contract is less than you are paying now.

If you are having problems paying your bill, you need to contact Vodafone, they will be able to arrange a 6 month affordable payment plan to give you some time to get your finances in order.  Please be aware that any payment plan will be reported against your credit file and is always best avoided if possible.

Whatever you do do not let anyone use the contract and trust them to pay the bill, there have been too many instances on this forum where the trustworthy friend failed to pay the bill and got the account holder in a lot of trouble.

Thank you so much for your reply. You have just confirmed what I was thinking,but wasn't sure. This is a contract that my ex husband had taken out and I have taken it over for myself and my daughter.

Is the contract in your name now then @Tracycavanagh1 or still in your ex's name ?

If still in your ex's name then you could open up a contract in your own name, own number and maybe a better priced tariff. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

BandOfBrothers

Do you have any add on' s like extra data or phone insurance you could cancel. 

How far are you into the contract term @Tracycavanagh1 ?

I wouldn't personally suggest to ask for a Payment plan as this can affect your credit score. 

From your post I'm not sure your even at this stage. 

Other options are to let someone you trust use the contract and change the Bank details to them but you remain responsible for the contract and bills or perform a Transfer of Ownership to pass the.contract to another person. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for your reply. At the moment I have taken a transferance of contract from my ex husband for me n my daughter. He was the one to set up n pay for the bill. I have got until next September until the contract ends.