Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Reward Amazon £110 voucher not received

black2908
1: Seeker

I took out a SIM only deal on 11th August for my son.  The deal promised £110 Amazon vouchers after 120 days. - that will be nice, just in time for xmas I thought.  This was up on 9th Dec but I never received anything.

I had an email on 11th Dec from vodafone saying 'thankyou for submitting your details form the £110 amazon giftcard...the voucher will be sent to the email address provided after 120 days...."

It also said if there were any issues to contact giftcloud - I have and they say that it hasn't processed as "vodafone needs to approve this reward as a gesture of goodwill as they have not successfully tracked this purchase"...they will update as soon as they get a reply from vodafone.

I've tried chasing this up via livechat and twitter but no repsonse.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

22 REPLIES 22

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@black2908 When you took out the SIM only plan, was this done directly through us or via a third party? I can't say I'm familiar with this offer but we'll do anything we can to help out. 

I have also had this problem. Followed all the links when signing up and kept the emails but received nothing. 

The only reason I switched was for the offer 

please help 

I was advised to go into my local Vodafone store. I took in the email confirmation I had and they added a note to my account and advised I contact giftcloud.

At the same time I also registered a compliant via the Vodafone website.

I received the voucher yesterday. 9 days late but glad they finally paid out.

Not sure whether it was the visit to store or complaint that helped resolve it  so I would do both.

Hope this helps.

Bridge72
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I also signed up for this offer in August 2018 - complied with the conditions and signed up online as a new Mobile Vodafone customer for the £20 / 20GB deal only to be fobbed off with no reasonable explanation as to why they will not issue the gift card, when I made the enquiries in December 2018. Gift cloud closed my request the 1st time round & it’s taken them over 1 month to respond - which is still incomplete.

quite frankly, I’m quite disgusted by this and will be changing providers once my contract ends.  I was initially impressed but this customer service has changed my mind as I have been conned into something that Vodafone is not honouring - looking at other people’s experiences.

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Bridge72

That sounds an amazing offer.  Where did you sign up? 

Was this direct through Vodafone or a third party, I have searched the SIM only deals and just can't find the offer.

Hi Ann

The offer will no longer be applicable, but please see below details.

i have had to remove all email addresses in order to send but can provide full email if required.

To make sure you don't miss your gift card, please add  to your safe sender list.Can't 

Thank you for submitting your details for the following offer:
£110 Amazon.co.uk Gift Card for new connections only on our £20/20GB SIM deal (Voucher not available for upgrades)

If you haven't done so already, please complete your purchase on the Vodafone website using the below link to ensure you get your reward.

You will receive your reward once you have completed your order and this purchase has been validated by Vodafone. Details of how to receive your gift will be sent to the email address provided after 120 days from your purchase.

Terms and Conditions

1. £110 Amazon Gift Card for new connections on our £20/20GB SIM only deal via the link in this offer only.
  2. Upgrading customers are not eligible for this voucher offer.
  3. You will be sent instructions on how to choose your Reward 120 days from the date of your purchase. You will then have 3 months to claim your Reward by sending it to your email or mobile phone.
  4. Please contact if you have any queries regarding this offer.
  5. This offer is valid only from August 6th 2018 – August 19th 2018
  6. This offer is not available for purchases made via the telephone, in-store or Web Chat.
  7. Plans purchased through our partners and other affiliate sites will not qualify.
  8. This Promotion cannot be combined with any other voucher, offer, and discount or promotion code and may not be redeemed for cash. If this is used alongside another offer or discount you will not be eligible for the offer.
  9. Vodafone holds the right to withdraw this offer if we believe that the terms of the offer are being abused in any way.
  10. Vodafone holds the right to ask for the web order reference that is sent via email after purchase to verify the sale – typically starts WEB-0000
  11. The voucher will only be paid on successfully connecting contracts and customers who have paid their first bill.
  12. This offer may be withdrawn or amended at any time.
  13. Please check the redemption instructions and terms and conditions of your chosen reward.
  14. Rewards should be treated like cash and kept securely. They cannot be replaced if lost or stolen
  15. Amazon.co.uk is not a sponsor of this promotion. Amazon.co.uk Gift Cards ("GCs") may be redeemed on the Amazon.co.uk website towards the purchase of eligible products available on GCs cannot be reloaded, resold, transferred for value, redeemed for cash or applied to any other account. Amazon.co.uk is not responsible if a GC is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without permission. See  for complete terms and conditions. GCs are issued by Amazon EU S.à r.l. All Amazon ®, ™ & © are IP of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

If you have any questions about this offer or your reward please contact our friendly support team at 

Please wait the full validation period before contacting with queries on your reward

@Bridge72 Hi there, you removed the email address you have to contact from section 4 of the Ts&Cs you posted. The offer was promoted by giftcloud and it does state " Please contact rewards@giftcloud.com if you have any queries regarding this offer. " Please send them an email with all your details and they'll be able check and see what's happening in regards to your voucher. Joe

I contacted gift cloud regarding this issue and they told me they had no record that I was eligible for the offer. They said they passed my details to Vodafone as Vodafone would have to honour the voucher as a gesture of goodwill...... that was over a month ago and I haven’t heard anything since. The whole thing is an absolute joke. 

Hi Joe,

if you saw saw my earlier response, you would have seen that I needed to remove the various email addresses in order to post the email received initially when signing up for the offer. You will also see that I have contacted Gift cloud but they won’t give me a proper explaination as to why they said I’m not eligible. Quite frankly, as there are so many customers that are having the same issue, I think it’s more a case of passing the buck and not taking responsibility. 

Customers are lured to join Vodafone with an attractive offer but when it comes to the crunch, then nobody is willing to honour the offer. Quite disappointing & will definitely be re-thinking my contract options when renewal comes.