Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Reward Amazon £110 voucher not received

black2908
1: Seeker

I took out a SIM only deal on 11th August for my son.  The deal promised £110 Amazon vouchers after 120 days. - that will be nice, just in time for xmas I thought.  This was up on 9th Dec but I never received anything.

I had an email on 11th Dec from vodafone saying 'thankyou for submitting your details form the £110 amazon giftcard...the voucher will be sent to the email address provided after 120 days...."

It also said if there were any issues to contact giftcloud - I have and they say that it hasn't processed as "vodafone needs to approve this reward as a gesture of goodwill as they have not successfully tracked this purchase"...they will update as soon as they get a reply from vodafone.

I've tried chasing this up via livechat and twitter but no repsonse.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

22 REPLIES 22

SVL
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, I have got exactly the same issue. I bought a Sim only plan through the link with the promise of a £110 Amazon voucher and I have been chasing giftcloud for two months now. They are chasing a Vodafone apparently. I'm getting fed up of this. I will change contract as soon as I can and will never come back to Vodafone or recommend them. No one seems to be honoring the deal I signed up to!!!! Disgraceful 

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@SVL There's loads of third party companies out there who offer different prices and incentives to sign up to a network, but it's very important to note that this agreement is with their company and us at Vodafone will just provide the network coverage. If an offer was advertised on our website and we offered it directly, then of course we could look into sorting out any issues with redeeming this - we wouldn't be able to honour a deal that we didn't offer in the first place. 

I can see the relevant contact details for the team handling that specific promotion have been provided in this thread, you'd need to contact them in order to seek further help. I wish you all the best and do hope you're able to sort this out with them. 

Hi Alex,

In this case you should have someone dealing with giftcloud as they are trying to verify my purchase I believe. So can you confirm this verification has been done. You are affiliated with them in order to be able to provide offers or commission to them when customers signing up using their link. You cannot say that they are just randomly giving out giftcards for signing up with Vodafone. I would like you to confirm with them that my contract is valid. You both are pointing to each other. They are telling me the verification with you is still outstanding. And you are telling it's a third party company. You both have an agreement with each other. You should be looking after your customers not giving them more headache. Very dissatisfied with the service from both of you!!! 

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@SVL So we can check the eligibility of your plan for you, please follow the details that will be sent in the private message you'll receive shortly. A member of our team will then be in touch to assist further with this. 

Hi Natasha, thank you. I am awaiting the message. 

@Tash wrote:

@SVL So we can check the eligibility of your plan for you, please follow the details that will be sent in the private message you'll receive shortly. A member of our team will then be in touch to assist further with this. 

@natasha what about the rest of the dissatisfied customers on this thread? Will our plans be looked into too? 

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

I'll be happy to take a look into your account and plan too @becky_25_88, I've popped you a private message over with details on how to get in touch.

Hi TJ / All moderators,

will you be looking into everyone’s accounts or only selected ones?

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Bridge72 I'm really sorry to see that we missed sending you a message with how to get in touch.
We'll be happy to take a look into your account and see what may be causing the problems you're having with your Amazon gift card.
I've sent you a private message with details on how to contact us - we'll then be able to help you further 😊

Hi Becky, all they did was check the details and said I need to contact Giftcloud as it's a third party retailer. It's ridiculous. I'm sure Vodafone does give commission or something to them for getting customers to sign up so they affilitiated with each other but customers are being tricked into signing up for offers with no one honoring the deal. Really disappointed with Vodafone. I will be leaving the contract as soon as I can. Should report both companies to the regulators.