Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

S7 Edge Wifi Calling: No Toggle Setting

HGriffin
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I've been trying to set up Wifi Calling on the S7 Edge. I sent the text CALLING to 97888. I said it would set it up in 24 hours. I didn't receive anything saying it had been set up. But, I talked to customer support and they said my account has Wifi Calling activated.

Then, I tried to find the Wifi Calling toggle in >Settings>Phone on the phone itself. It's not there. I've triple-checked. I was wondering if anyone could help. Thanks again!

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @HGriffin

Please see the link below for criteria and help setting up WiFi calling on your Samsung S7 Edge.

Vodafone WiFi Calling

BandOfBrothers

@HGriffin

This feature is only available if you acquired the Samsung Galaxy s7 directly from Vodafone. 

Have you recieved the latest FOTA (firmware over the air) and installed  it.

Then you'll just need to provision yourself on the network by texting CALLING to 97888.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@AnnS I've been following those steps. I never received a text saying that Wifi Calling had been set-up. But, I phoned customer support who said it had been added to my account. The problem is Step 4: 'Select Phone and scroll down until you see Wi-Fi Calling – tap the box next to this'. There is no Wifi Calling option/toggle. I've checked all the setting options. I don't have that option on my phone despite getting the phone directly from Vodafone.

@Lee Thank you for the reply. I got the S7 Edge from Vodafone as part of the pay monthly contract. I've updated the phone and it is on the latest software (there are no more updates). I've texted CALLING to 97888. I received the reply that Wifi Calling would be set up. I never received any text saying it had been set-up. But, I phoned Customer Support who looked at my account and said Wifi Calling had been set-up on their side. The problem is that I can't turn on Wifi Calling on the phone itself. There is no option/toggle to do so.

BandOfBrothers

You're welcome @HGriffin

The information I'm aware of talks of a firmware update / carrier update to accept and upload onto the Samsung Galaxy and then text CALLING to that number you mention, which I think is what may need to happen first to introduce the toggle into settings your looking for.

This is my opinion.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.