Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SD Card

TheClaw
1: Seeker

How do I make my SD card the default write disk on a Vodafone Smart 4 Mini?? I've inserted my SD card into the device but want to make it the default write disk so that when I download things from Google Play it downloads there automatically. Thanks :Laughing_Face:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hrym
17: Community Champion

If the Smart 4 Mini is anything like the Smart 4 Power I played with a few months back, that option is in Settings|Storage and there's a series of tick-boxes. However, there isn't an option to install apps automatically to the card.  What you need to do is go into Settings|Apps and move each one individually.  Most can be moved, but not all.

Generally speaking, I was very impressed with the way the Smart 4 handled storage and an external sd card.  It made it as much a part of system memory as the OS will allow, and not just as add-on drive.

View solution in original position

1 REPLY 1

hrym

If the Smart 4 Mini is anything like the Smart 4 Power I played with a few months back, that option is in Settings|Storage and there's a series of tick-boxes. However, there isn't an option to install apps automatically to the card.  What you need to do is go into Settings|Apps and move each one individually.  Most can be moved, but not all.

Generally speaking, I was very impressed with the way the Smart 4 handled storage and an external sd card.  It made it as much a part of system memory as the OS will allow, and not just as add-on drive.