main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

This is a locked archive and content on this page may no longer be up to date. These posts and threads have been archived for reference only.

Archive

SD Card

SOLVED
View solved solution
Highlighted
1: Seeker

How do I make my SD card the default write disk on a Vodafone Smart 4 Mini?? I've inserted my SD card into the device but want to make it the default write disk so that when I download things from Google Play it downloads there automatically. Thanks

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
17: Community Champion

If the Smart 4 Mini is anything like the Smart 4 Power I played with a few months back, that option is in Settings|Storage and there's a series of tick-boxes. However, there isn't an option to install apps automatically to the card.  What you need to do is go into Settings|Apps and move each one individually.  Most can be moved, but not all.

Generally speaking, I was very impressed with the way the Smart 4 handled storage and an external sd card.  It made it as much a part of system memory as the OS will allow, and not just as add-on drive.

View more options
1 REPLY 1
17: Community Champion

If the Smart 4 Mini is anything like the Smart 4 Power I played with a few months back, that option is in Settings|Storage and there's a series of tick-boxes. However, there isn't an option to install apps automatically to the card.  What you need to do is go into Settings|Apps and move each one individually.  Most can be moved, but not all.

Generally speaking, I was very impressed with the way the Smart 4 handled storage and an external sd card.  It made it as much a part of system memory as the OS will allow, and not just as add-on drive.

View more options