Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

SS3 and HH5 not working

gillyren
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Just got a BT HH5 and our SS3 wont connect to it.  Have tried resetting but hasn't worked.

17 REPLIES 17

DaveCD
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@paulpjjones 

The BT Home Hub 5 has a setting called Smart Setup, please ensure that this is disabled.

A solid red light indicates there's no internet connection so please try a different Ethernet cable in case the current one has developed a fault.

DaveCD

Hi Dave,

I've switched off the smart setup and I got a flashing white light next to the rd power light, this lasted for about 3 days but now I'm back to a solid red light. I've tried changing the ethernet cable with a new one but still the same.

Paul. 

Hi @paulpjjones,

To ensure this isn't a problem with your Sure Signal, please try your device in different location and let us know the outcome.

Thanks,

Rodney  

Hi Rodney
I've got the sure signal plugged in next to my hub,I've only got one master phone socket and no extensions.
Thanks paul

Hi @paulpjjones 

Now you've switched off Smart Setup, please reset your Sure Signal following the instructions below:

• Find the button on the base of the unit next to the Ethernet ports
  • Press and hold the button for approximately 30 seconds
  • Once the lights come back on, release the button
  • The Sure Signal will come online in around one hour

Thanks,

Matt

Hi Matt,

I've just tried to reset my ss3 by holding in the button next to the ethernet ports and nothing happens.

The red power light stays on and I don't get any flashing lights, I've tried this several times.

Thanks Paul

Hi matt,

just to give you a bit more info the red power light stays on all the time when I'm trying to do a reset, the only way I can get the power light to go off is by powering down the ss3. Does this mean it's faulty?

Thanks Paul. 

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @paulpjjones

That’s strange - try holding the button down for longer than 30 seconds. Does it reset?

I recommend trying a different Ethernet cable and if it’s still not working, test the Sure Signal in another location (at a friend or family members home).

Thanks,

Jenny