cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung S7 Edge Nougat update (Android7.0)

luke90x
4: Newbie

Hi,

Is anybody aware when the nougat update will be pushed to the S7 Edge devices by Vodafone?

L

601 REPLIES 601

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

There is quite a bit of discussion about Nougat release. 

Some say it started from the 17th of this month and some others says it's delayed. 

Vodafone won't comment on firmware releases I'm afraid. 

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly-products-services/Firmware/m-p/2421980#M4420

I'm using an unbranded s7 edge eagerly awaiting. :Smiling:

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Nabs

If it's the same as previous releases Samsung will release to network branded first and then push out unbranded shortly after

BandOfBrothers

Hi  @Nabs

That's an interesting thought. 

I would have thought the un branded phones would perhaps recieve an update quicker as it's not delayed by the networks testing and tweaking it for their branded handsets. 

Current Phone  >

Nabs

@BandOfBrothers this is the case with all other manufacturers but Samsung seem to do things the opposie way. I guess they use the networks to test and iron out any bugs before releasing it to their own (unbranded) customers...

It may have changed but I know that certainly was the case for several major releases. At one point Vodafone was the first in Europe to release Samsung updates, not sure if this will still be the case though

EDIT: sammobile.com are listed the BTU version yesterday https://www.sammobile.com/2017/01/18/full-android-7-0-firmware-for-the-galaxy-s7-now-available-onlin...

BandOfBrothers

Sadly I have the XEU variant. 

Next time I'll buy direct from Samsung and not a Samsung Experience Store which is a badged up shop owned and run via Carphone Warehouse. :Smiling:

Current Phone  >

if you give an information, try to give the correct one! It's the exact opposite! Unbranded phones have already gotten the update, EE phones got the update a few days ago and Vodafone should follow soon, but if you buy your phone without a contract, you get the update first, it has always been the case! 

jeffkinn

@prodigualson wrote:

if you give an information, try to give the correct one! It's the exact opposite! Unbranded phones have already gotten the update, EE phones got the update a few days ago and Vodafone should follow soon, but if you buy your phone without a contract, you get the update first, it has always been the case! 

Completely incorrect. In my experience unbranded Samsung phones were always the last ones to receive an OS update and had to wait until after all the network updates had been released.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

63johnw

Hi, 

Any signs of the update for VodafoneUK?

Did somebody recive the notification?

Regards,

Lukas