cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung S7 Edge Nougat update (Android7.0)

luke90x
4: Newbie

Hi,

Is anybody aware when the nougat update will be pushed to the S7 Edge devices by Vodafone?

L

601 REPLIES 601

Mimo2000
12: Established
12: Established
Ok guys flashed my phone all went really well still have my wifi calling up and running very happy 🤗

Stevie1
14: Advanced member
Glad to hear you didn't have any problems😀

:robotmad:

Steviet1975
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Turkey are now getting nougat for the s6...... Vodafone UK where is our update? Think this may be my last Vodafone contract.

They need to get a move on to be honest, both Three and Giffgaff have received the update this week. Given the amount of money vodafone charge for contracts they should provide a better service. Their whole attitude around updates is poor, why can't they give an update date ? everyone else creating software does.

Becca_P
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Steviet1975 @Crafty

For information about our firmware updates, please see the following statement.

Fully understandable Becca_P but it is rubbish! Generic explanation why Vodafone is doing that is not good for anybody. From all the carriers you are updating devices pretty much at the end. I am with you almost 6yrs - always been like that.

Vodafone spends all that time to develop the Vodafone bloatware which nobody is using. The only app which I ever going to use is a MyVodafone app and nothing else. I tested else I have used it - is just bad...

Can you once listen to the customers or do some kind of survey to find out?

Android OEM's are the problem then Carriers, it all equals loads of frustration.

I have setup this topic to find out when the Nougat will be launched. If you read it through now people literally giving each other advice how to get rid of the Vodafone bloated software and instal a generic one.

I am with you because you are doing a few things very well. However, as a concerned customer, I am telling you this is rubbish and not good at all.

@Becca_P yes I've seen that statement before.

It does not answer my question - why can't vodafone give an estimated release date ? 

Surely the ability to estimate the test of the "My Vodafone" app can't be that difficult ? I certainly wouldn't get away with not giving estimates and dates to my product managers and customers.

How are a relatively small company like giffgaff able to get a firmware out sooner than Vodafone ?

Vodafone's attitude to supplying information on updates is poor, it would appear that its an irritation that you'd rather not deal with and by extension those customers who ask about updates are also an irritation.

The vodafone firmware really does nothing to add to the customer's experience, it just causes problems. 

As @luke90x points out, people are abandoning your firmware for the generic one.

Why do Vodafone continue to give themselves this headache with custom firmware ? use the genenric one, put your apps in the play store, it'd be easy to lock them to your network. Then you don't have the hassle of dealing with firmwares and updates.

Stevie1
Knowning Vodafone you may get it around this time next year or later

:robotmad:

Richy_01
Don't think the unlocked XEU S7 has received the update. Mine is XEU but flashed Nouget myself. Not got the update that has been pushed out to unlocked BTU S7's as I didn't change my CSC to BTU.

Inked
Vodafone have always been like this with Samsung Sx updates.

It's probably because of all the rubbish they add to the firmware .

Then they need to get all the rubbish they add to work well with the new firmware.