Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Seriously hacked off with SS V3

xxmich
2: Seeker

Phone contract renewed on basis that SS would provide a signal at my house.

Installed the SS in July the signal at best has been intermittent.  The 3rd (in use light) is rarely lit and the system often goes down - upto once a day.

Come September I will need to use my phone at home - which I dont believe is an unreasonable request bearing in mind I have purchased extra 'technology' to obtain a signal ! 

For the last few days the only light on the SS is a solid red light - no other lights.  After reading various posts - I'm outstounded at how many problems this thing has - I note that apparently the SS has lost connection with the internet - I've now reset the internet, lights are flashing at the connection point on the SS and the modem shows that the port is in use. 

Having once again done a reset on the SS only the first light is now flashing.

I'm convinced that this device is faulty but as a last ditch attempt I will go through the trouble shooting or re-sync with your guidance, prior to returning this and cancelling my contract.

19 REPLIES 19

xxmich

I'd add to the above that the plug is really hot - no other plug in the house is any where near as hot as this one.

Just buy a V2 unit off eBay mate, this is well known issue which is affecting many V3 units. Ever since i bought & installed a V2 a few days ago, i no longer suffer disconnections.

I have some further information for Vodafone to help resolve my problem

Ping  25ms

Download speed  21.92Mbps

Upload speed  8.86Mbps

Sky Broadband 151.231.10.110

SS Serial Number 4132135795

I've had to attach a screen print of the other test as couldnt copy it !  If the copy isnt clear enough, please provide instructions on how to copy the info from the run box on Windows 7

I need assistance with this asap, thanks

Are the tech team operating today ?  

Could do with a response to my earlier post please

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi xxmich,

The serial number that you’ve provided isn’t correct, please can you double check this and get back to us?

Also, please provide us with a copy of a VSS Traceroute command. To get this:

-Click on Start and select Run
-Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok
-A black box will appear.
-In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter
-Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Jenny

Hi Jenny

Thank you for your message

Reading off the box the serial number is 40132135795

Do I again need to re-run the stats that I already posted in my previous post ?  

Can you also answer me a very quick question - the 3rd white light - should this be lit all the time or just when I am actually on the phone ? 

I am getting a little stressed about this situation now as I am due to start work from home at the beginning of September I HAVE to use my phone (hence the purchase of the Sure Signal) if it isnt working properly I need to sort ASAP.

Thanks in advance

Hi

I think you will find the third white light will only be on when you are actually using the phone and it is being routed through the Sure Signal.

Other than that I have a similar problem in that every two or three days the Sure Signal stops working and when I look at it the first white light is continually flashing.The only way I can then get it to work is to pull it out of the socket and then plug it in again. After a while the first two lghts show white and I have a connection shown by the bars on my phone. This is most annoying and I can find no article on this Forum explaining how to get over this proble.

My Sure Signal is also very hot

Retired-James
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Guys,

@ xxmich – Thanks for confirming your serial number and you don’t need to worry about running the tests again because everything on that side of things look fine.

In regards to the lights, you will only see activity on the phone light when a phone is making a call or connection through the Sure Signal.

I can see that the Sure Signal has connected to the server after your post yesterday, are you still having trouble?

If yes, can you try another reset, but remove the when you hold the reset button and not plug it back in until the you’ve released the button?

@ islanderuk – As your issue is intermittent it is hard to say what’s causing it.

Can you confirm who your internet provider is?

We’ve seen a few customers reporting issues with Virgin Media recently but I’d just like to double check this with you as well.

James

James

I am with BT on their standard Broadband service not Infinity.

I realise an intermittent problem is difficult to track down and wonder if it the plug itself that has a fault.

I know I have a problem when the bars on my phone all go out. I then look at the Sure Signal it is flashing and I have to unplug it and plug it back in.

The biggest problem is when, as it has in the past, it stops working when I am in the middle of a call. My Vodafone reception where I live is very poor hence the purchase of the Sure Signal.

Do you think getting a replacement plug might help ?