Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sim change, SS3 ignoring phone.

AndrueC
4: Newbie

I bought a new phone and you sent me a nano sim. Now my SS3 won't connect. So far I have:

* Reset the SS3.

* Deregistered.

* Registered.

* Reset the SS3

Could someone re-synch my SS3 please?

S/No: 42151685767

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

This may / may not help but try navigating into the phones settings and turn off any relevant 4G setting to force the phone onto 3G. 

In this troubleshooting guide is an option called 'Issue not listed' which explains how to run a traceroute. 

Can you paste it bsck here for the Tech Tean to look at. 

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/Vodafone-Sure-Signal-troubleshooting/td-p/23917...

Further FAQs Here.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

12 REPLIES 12

That's another area of Vodafone's documentation that could be improved to avoid users getting wound up.

http://support.vodafone.co.uk/Network-and-coverage/Wi-Fi-Calling/67269365/How-do-I-set-up-Wi-Fi-Call...

Step 4 ought to start with:

"After you have received a text that confirms wifi calling is now active..."

Because until you get that second text the Wifi Calling menu item will not be visible.

It's also worth pointing out that if you send the 'Calling' text too soon after SIM activation the first reply will come back but the service will never be activated. That's what happened to me. I sent the text, got the first reply then spent several hours swearing at Vodafone and wondering if I ought to give up and send the phone back. It was only in desperation that I sent the text again and within five minutes got the second response telling me wifi calling was active.

Frankly every time I have dealing with Vodafone it ends up like this. Poor documentation and frustration.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@AndrueC Thanks for letting us know that the coverage has improved within your area. 

I've resynced your Vodafone Sure Signal as originally requested.

Please allow up to 6 hours before your device regains connection. 

BandOfBrothers

What model if iPhone are you using ?

Calling over wifi is only available to the iPhone 6s onwards. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.