Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal V1 not working

parrygroup
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hello,

We've had our Sure Signal 1 box for about 4 years now and it's always worked fine. Last month we had a fault with our BT phone line, though the broadband continued to work as did the Sure Signal box. BT fixed the line. Sure signal then stopped working.  However, despite numerous resets over the last couple of days, following advice on here, it still won't work. There's a steady green light on the back of the unit and the orange light is blinking sporadically. On the front only the first green light indicating power is steady on. When I do the reset the second light blinks green, but eventually goes out.

ISP is BT using a BT Home Hub 4 (been using since January 2014 - no prior connectivity problems)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)

My initial thought would be a resync too.

If you post the basics from the troubleshooting thread in this post, it will include enough info for them to find your device and do what they need to do :Smiling:

At minimum this includes the serial number, and the route to the sure signal servers over the internet is correct.

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

Cailen
Administrator
Administrator

@parrygroup Can you take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, and then post back your results if you’re not directed to an existing thread?

Many thanks for your reply.

I have already tried all the suggestions in the troubleshooting threads.

I think from what I can see in these threads my Sure Signal may need a resync.

Many thanks.

grolschuk

My initial thought would be a resync too.

If you post the basics from the troubleshooting thread in this post, it will include enough info for them to find your device and do what they need to do :Smiling:

At minimum this includes the serial number, and the route to the sure signal servers over the internet is correct.

How do I get the route to the sure signal servers over the internet?  I have an imac.

Thanks.

grolschuk

Good question,

Am not a MAC user, but think it should be along the lines of.

Applications -> Utilities -> Terminal

Inside the terminal window type:

traceroute 212.183.133.177

This should then output the route your internet traffic is taking to the vodafone servers.

The destination hop will time out as the servers are set not to respond, but it will give an indication of the previous route into them.