Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal not working

Herbs
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Our office is based in a serviced office and we cannot get the Sure SIgnal to work despite all the ports being opened on both our router and the main office router.

The IT company that look after it say that it will not work as the Sure Signal is PPoE and the Office block is PPoA.

Do you do a different version or have any suggestions as the Sure Signal is currently an expensive paperweight!

26 REPLIES 26

Hi,
Still not worked all day. I have done another reset but still only got one solid green light
Thanks.

Phil
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi katiextx,

I've checked the systems for you again and it does appear to be connecting to our network.  To try and force this through I've performed a resync for you.  I just need you to follow this up with a reset of the box please.

* Hold the reset button till all the lights come on or flash (about 30 seconds)
* Keeping the rest button held, remove and re-insert the power lead
* Once all the lights come on or flash, release the reset button
* The VSS should come online within the hour

Following this it can take up to 24 hours to connect back to the system so please do let me know how you get on after this time. 

Thanks,

Phil

Hi,

Still not working.

I did the rest and waiting 24 hours.
Occasionally the lights will do the full sequence making it look like its connecting then when all 4 are on it goes completely blank and about 1 minute later it either starts the sequence again or stays on one solid light.

Thanks

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi katiextx

Thanks for getting back to us. Could you possibly test the Sure Signal at a different location? Are you able to take it around to a friends house and see if the same thing happens?

Sukhi

I am unable to do that and shouldn't have to. There is no reason why it should suddenly stop working. It's been down for over a week now. Have any updates been done on the sure signal? Last time that happened my sure signal stopped working. Thanks

Hi katiextx

Thanks for coming back to us.

The reason that we ask this is that we need to ascertain if this is an issue with the device or not. Trying it on a different connection and it not working would indicate a device issue. Trying it on a different connection and it working, would indicate a setup or connection issue.

We have been through what connection related troubleshooting we can and everything looks fine, so this is now the point we need to test the device.

Thanks

Wayne

hi, i have now managed to test the sure signal at someone else house but its still not working. I have re-registed back at my house now and again just one solid light. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Ben_H
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi katiextx,

Thanks for trying that for us! This therefore looks like it needs repairing under the warranty. You can find details on how to do this in store or over the phone here. When you speak to an advisor in store or over the phone, be sure to let them know that you've already done the standard checks here on the eForum and bring them to the attention of this thread if they need details. Could you pop an update on this thread to confirm once it's back with you and working again? :Smiling:

Cheers, Ben

hi can you check if this ip address is on vf white list 62.231.143.90 having problems connecting.

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Trvrv,

That IP is on the white list, so that's not the issue.

What's the issue you're having? Take a look at our Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread. If this doesn’t sort it, please post your reply either below, or in the relevant thread, together with the details requested, including the following information.

Your speed test results from here.

Your ping test results from here.

The results of a traceroute.

Your Sure Signal serial number.

VSS Traceroute command

On a PC:

Click on Start and select Run

Type CMD into the Run box and press enter/click ok

A black box will appear.

In this box type tracert 212.183.133.177 press Enter

Paste the output of this command into your reply.

This will help us get the quickest possible resolution for you.

Thanks

Dave