Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal not working

Herbs
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Our office is based in a serviced office and we cannot get the Sure SIgnal to work despite all the ports being opened on both our router and the main office router.

The IT company that look after it say that it will not work as the Sure Signal is PPoE and the Office block is PPoA.

Do you do a different version or have any suggestions as the Sure Signal is currently an expensive paperweight!

26 REPLIES 26

Trvrv
4: Newbie
I spoke to another one of your colleges. I was plugging into a skirting trunking type Ethernet port I ha have now plugged into the main network router power light flashing and phone symbol solid orange. The trouble shooting guide says to wait 24 hrs which is upto about 7pm tonight

Trvrv
Will see if that works first

Retired-Dave
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi again Trvrv,

Let us know how you get on.

If you still have issues, post those details and we'll check it out for you.

Dave

Trvrv
I still have issues. Ser no 40131564235 I've tried every router LAN port but no joy. Still get flashing power and 3rd light orange.

Trvrv
I have no contact with the IT dept at my company. I sent an IP address to one of you colleagues telling me its on the white list so no sure why it's not working?

grolschuk
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

Maybe the IT department of your company do not want random people plugging in random devices into their network that could ship off all of the company secrets to a remote location?

Between the LAN socket in the wall, and the big bad internet, is a device that will control the traffic leaving the building... If this is not configured to allow the SureSignal traffic back to Vodafone, then you could try 1000's of other wall sockets, they would all get stopped by the firewall if that is the problem.

I would suggest getting in touch with someone who can talk to the IT department, otherwise you may find someone knocking on your door asking wtf are you doing plugging non-company issued kit into the corporate network. (I know I would)

Retired-PaulE
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Trvrv, 

I can see on your other thread here that your IT department won't allow the connection which limits the help we can offer I'm afraid.

Paul