Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Sure Signal v1 not working aymore

malcolmx187
3: Seeker

Hi,

I was using my SS V1 in 2011 without any issues until 2012. I then moved to another network and came back to Vodafone in Feb 2014, but could not get it to work. Since then I have spoken numerous times to the tech team who tried to reset the device from their side every time, which has been unsuccessful.

The first light stays on, but the second one blinking. I sometimes witness he first and second light being steady, but fourth light blinking.

I also noticed that it sometimes resets itself (lights start blinking in sequential order).

I have reset the device multiple times as per steps given on your forum, deregistered and registered it again against my account and have set up the port forwarding on router, but all to no avail.

Network connection in the back is fine (steady green light, blinking orange light).

I have been reading on other forums that my device might not have the latest firmware anymore which could resolve the issue. Can you please push it out to my one?

the SN is 21231103470

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cineriv
16: Advanced member

Hi Malcolm,

Looking at your symptoms, it could be possible that your power supply is failing. Don't be mislead by the 1st (power) led showing as normal.

Have a look at the first post for more information ...........

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/SureSignal-1-flashing-but-not-working-possible-f...

If you require a new power supply, they are readily available on Amazon or Ebay and cost around £10 or less.

Many V1 Sure Signals have failed for this reason already this year.

Good luck.

Mike.

View solution in original position

14 REPLIES 14

cineriv

Hi Malcolm,

Looking at your symptoms, it could be possible that your power supply is failing. Don't be mislead by the 1st (power) led showing as normal.

Have a look at the first post for more information ...........

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Vodafone-Sure-Signal/SureSignal-1-flashing-but-not-working-possible-f...

If you require a new power supply, they are readily available on Amazon or Ebay and cost around £10 or less.

Many V1 Sure Signals have failed for this reason already this year.

Good luck.

Mike.

Thanks Mike for the quick response and advice. Will get a new one and let you know how it went.

Thanks!

Ordered the 12v 1.5A 2.5mm adapter which was advertised as being suitable for Vodafone Sure Signal from a famous e-commerce company, but it didn't fit the SS as inside of head of adapter is slightly thicker than normal one. Strill trying to find one which will fit.....

cineriv

Hi Malcolm,

A 2.5 x 5.5 mm connector is the correct size for the Sure Signal!

Have they sent you the wrong one?

Regards,

Mike

Hi Mike,

It is 2.5 x 5.5mm, below is picture of difference. Left one is the original Vodafone Sagem adapter. Right is the one I got.

Thanks,

IMG_0261.JPG

cineriv

Sorry Malcolm but for some reason I can't find a way of opening your image, could you try and PM it to me?

Just to help to confirm the size of the adaptor, I inserted the shaft of a 2.5 mm drill bit into the adaptor and it fits fairly comfortably but not tight. (with the power off of course!  :smileyvery-happy:)

Regards,

Mike.

Hi Mike,

Not sure how to pm you with a pic, but I tried to add as attachment, perhaps that would work.

To save time, I think I'm just going to cut off both heads of adapters and attach head of old adapter to new adapter.

Don't think that should cause an issue?

Thanks,

cineriv

Hi Malcom,

Got the image this time! .... although I can see they are different, but I can't really tell which is the 2.5 mm ... but I think it is the one on the left! :smileyindifferent: ..... the one on the right looks like a 2.1 mm plug.

Did you check the diameter of the hole with a 2.5mm drill bit as outlined in my edited previous post?

You could swop the plugs over, but you must ensure that the centre pin has the positive supply, otherwise pop goes your Sure Signal! :smileysurprised: ...... cut the wires about 4 inches from the plug.

Good luck,

Mike.

malcolmx187

Hi Mike,

Thanks. I triple confirmed with seller who says it's 2.5. But it looks as 2.1mm to me as well. I don't have a drill, so can't really check 😄

How will I know which wire is the positive supply?

Thanks,