Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Please don't patronise me

ChrisG2107
2: Seeker

I posted on the Network issues thread to say I've been without service for 24 hours for the second time in a week. Now I get a couple of emails "congratulating" me and telling me my "rank" has improved - apparently I'm now a "seeker" (yes, seeking a useable phone signal, not validation of my status).

Gold stars and revward stickers are really helpful for motivating early learners; Voafone, you need to grasp the importance of context. I would rather have a working phone than a merit badge.

3 REPLIES 3

redpages
17: Community Champion

I get what you're saying.

The badge and ranking feature is just an automated part of the forum (most sites like this tend to do it these days). 

If you want to stop the alerts you can do it by:

• Clicking your username icon (to the immediate left of the search bar at the top of the page)
  • Go to 'My Settings'
  • Select 'Subscriptions and Notifications'
  • Select 'Notifications'
  • Turn on and off what you want to receive ('Badges' is at the bottom of the list)
  • This should help get rid of unwanted notifications so you can focus solely on replies about customer service

Vodafone customer since 2004. Attempting to help where I can on the Community

COWELLGIRL21

That's just a thing that just happens have u tryed turning flight mode on n off 

hrym

Flight mode will just turn all external connections (mobile signal, wifi, ?bluetooth) off.   Once you turn it back on, anything pending will come in.   It won't affect forum notifications.  But Redpages is right - you can select what you get notifications for and, in many cases, whether they come in immediately or as a daily digest.