main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

This is a locked archive and content on this page may no longer be up to date. These posts and threads have been archived for reference only.

Archive

Sure signal stopped working after sim card changed

4: Newbie

It's working for me now.  Thanks very much.

View more options
Administrator

@tompoyntz,

That's great. Thanks for letting us know

View more options
2: Seeker

Hi,

Please will you re-sync my Sure Signal following a sim-card change?

Serial: 40134627757

Thanks,

Chris

View more options
17: Community Champion

Hi @ceecjr

If you have changed your SIM card,  and the Sure Signal does not recognise the SIM, you need to remove and readd the number.

It is generally best to give it 24 hours before readding the number.

Further info below.

Sure Signal Support - SIM change

If you continue to have issues, Live Chat will be the quickest option.

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

@ceecjr

Have you been able to remove and readd your number using the steps @AnnS provided?

If you've done this and it hasn't worked, please let us know and we'll investigate into this further.

View more options

@ericchester

That didn't help and the website instructions to reset the sure signal didn't work either - no way to reassign the owner so I couldn't remove/readd the number??  I used live chat to reset it for me and it seems to be OK now.

Chris

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

@ceecjr

Glad to hear you're up and running again.

If you need any help in the future, just let us know.

View more options

Please can you resync Sure Signal serial number 

42151126127   following a sim swap.  I have degistered and registered and that has not worked.

Many Thanks

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

@jonw80

I've performed a re-sync on your Sure Signal today.

Please leave the Sure Signal for 6 hours, and then complete the process by doing a factory reset:

1. Connect device to internet and power supply
  2. Press and hold down reset button – located near the internet port
  3. Wait for 20 seconds
  4. Release the reset button
  5. All the LEDs will temporarily switch off for about 10 seconds. The power LED will then light up and remain constant whilst white internet LED flashes continuously.

View more options
Thanks. I did this last night and after a while the lights settled on 'flashing red, off, solid orange, solid orange' in the order they are on the sure signal plug. I left it overnight and did another reset this morning and they seem have settled on the same again. Any thoughts? I have had no problems with this until now.
View more options

Hi

Please can you resync my VSS after sim swap from micro to nano - VSS 40133846499

Thank you

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

@jonw80 I can see your Vodafone Sure Signal made contact with our server at 6.49pm on 20 September 2016. 

Please can you let us know if you're still having trouble? 

@UllswaterBound If you've had a new SIM, you'll need to deregister  your Vodafone Sure Signal and register it again to resolve your issue.

View more options

Hi, yes still having major problems and it's not working at all.  My light description was wrong though.  It's flashing red, solid orange, off, solid orange.  Any help very much appreciated.  I have reset it numerous times.  Registered and deregustered. I really need this for work by Friday, so I really hope you can help.

View more options
View more options
Highlighted

I upgraded my phone and got a new sim. Now my SS3 isn't working.Can I get a re-sync, please?

S/No: 42151685767

Thanks.

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

@jonw80 - The light sequence you're mentioning points towards poor ISP performance. Is this case, I'd recommend speaking with your ISP to see if they can improve your connection.

@AndrueC - I've completed the resync as requested.

View more options
I have Bt infinity running at 60mb. I haven't had any problems for 2 years until I got a new SIM card and phone last Friday. Too big a coincidence I think!!!
View more options
Moderator (Retired)

@jonw80 If you've had a new SIM number, it will have a new unique code (femto) registered against it.

You'll need to deregister your Vodafone Sure Signal and register it again after 24 hours to update your device (femto) on our server. 

View more options
3: Seeker

Hi , Since my new Nano sim , my vodafone suresignal box is no longer working with my sim , same phone number .

Please can you re-sync my suresignal box

serial number :-

Thank you 

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

@justwondering25 Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

You'll need to de-register your Vodafone Sure Signal temporarily to resolve the issue. 

Please then wait 24 hours before registering your device again via your My Vodafone account. 

View more options