Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Suresignal 3 on but light 4 and handsets show its not transmitting

tonyvcarter
6: Helper

My Suresignal 3 has been working fine for months, but it has not been working for the last few days. 2 phones registered - neither work

I've done a couple of text book resets - No change.

• Lights one, two and three are solid
  • Light four does not light up when attempting to make a voice or data connection through the Sure Signal
  • Speed test results  32.82Mbs down 6.34Mbs up
  • Ping test results. Packet Loss: 0%, Ping: 11ms, Jitter: 1ms
  • External IP address  82.71.44.201
  • Signal serial number: 40131018810

I've done a couple of text book resets - No change.

I have tried to de-register the suresugnal my have no option in "MyVodafone" to manage the Suresignal, even though I've done it before and it has fixed problems in the past. I have posted a separate issue for this. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I just spoke to Vodafone support and they were most helpfull. Did a remote reset - whichj I hope will work and also remotely took over my PC and showed me where the Suresignal management has moved to on the web site.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

tonyvcarter

Looking at other recent posts I can confirm that:

1) I do not use BT services - I use Zen (always the best) FTTC.

2) I use a Billion modem/router which I manage myself so can confirm that no strange settings may have been introduced.

Why is the Suresignal so flaky and unrelaible?

I just spoke to Vodafone support and they were most helpfull. Did a remote reset - whichj I hope will work and also remotely took over my PC and showed me where the Suresignal management has moved to on the web site.

Unfortunatley depite Vodafones best efforts the reset from their end did not work - I waited 4 hours.

However, after they showed me where the management option had moved to, I deregistered the Suresignal and registered it again (I did reset along the way to be sure) and after a short while all was working again.

I've done this before (and by the way on a Mk 1 and Mk 2 when they acted up) and it appears to be a good fix.