Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to register, add or remove users

Retired-George
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We’ve created this thread to help with online problems that may occur when registering, or managing your Sure Signal.

You need an online account so you can register and manage your Sure Signal.

You’ll receive a text as part of the registration process, which contains a security code. This code is only valid for 20 minutes.

We understand that if you own a Sure Signal, you’ll most likely have little or no coverage, so we recommend you register online when you know you’ll be able to receive the text.

Business customers:

If you’re a business customer you can’t register this via My Account and you need to visit Sure Signal for business. Just click ‘Register a Sure Signal’ and enter your company name as the owner and your mobile number as the administrator - this way you can still make any changes needed.

Consumer customers:

You’ll receive a text or email to confirm that the Sure Signal is fully registered.

Please note that problems can occur, if the number that’s registered as the Owner of the Sure Signal, is different than the main number registered for online billing.

Check for planned maintenance:

Check the forum for any planned maintenance. If there is, this will be announced at the top of the Sure Signal forum.

Planned maintenance can involve changes to the registration system, so wait for this to complete and then retry.

Pending active:

If your online account shows the Sure Signal as ‘Pending Active’, then post in this thread and we’ll look into it further.

All other issues:

If you have any other problems with your Sure Signal registration or management, just post the details below. We’ll need the following:

• Exact error message
  • Step by step instructions for how to recreate the issue
  • Operating system
  • Browser and browser version

Thanks, 

Jenny

848 REPLIES 848

salukigirl
4: Newbie
I am informed that the Ambulance Service phone is 3G so it is not that.
Can anyone from VF help?

peterday47
Not applicable
I have 3 Sure Signals, all are set up. But 1 I can not add or remove users? Could it be that it is not connected to the internet?

Matt-123
Not applicable
I have just installed the Sure Signal for our business and added all the numbers by ringing customer services.
I could do with having an account though so I am able to make changes myself. The only problem is all the sim cards using the sure signal are in modems in Trucks which are rarely in the same time as me.
How can I manage my Sure Signal online without one of the sim cards avaiable ?

p.s. our account is via a third party telecoms company.

Thanks

Retired-Trev
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi all

salukigirl if the Sure Signal is working on your other handset with out issue, it's unlikely to be the device that's at fault. Try removing and re-registering the number, and let me know how you get on.

farther of Mike when you say all are set up, do you mean all have been working? Do you get any error messages when you attempt to add numbers?

Matt-123 not sure how this would work for you. A Sure Signal is normally set up via "My Vodafone" attached to a main number. You don't need to have that phone with you to access the account, but you do need access to Vodafone Online services. If customer services set this up in this way, they should be able to advice which is the main number, and thus gain access to the VSS dashboard to make changes. I'd strongly advise you contact your customer service team.

Regards

Trev
eForum Team

chrismuk
Hi,

I've just taken delivery of my Sure Signal and I cannot get it to register under My Account. I click through 'Register Sure Signal' enter my post code and then on the screen after I enter serial no. sure signal name, floor and tick accept terms and conditions I just get the same error whether I click the 'Add Users' or 'Submit without adding users' button. The error I get is :-

Sorry. We couldn't add one or more of the users to your Sure Signal, Please check their details and try again.

I haven't been asked for any details yet and no matter what I try cannot get past this stage of the registation.

I've attached the error message.

AntonyStark
Not applicable
Problem with registering my Sure Signal

I bought a Sure Signal this week and the Quick SetUp Guide says I should go to vodafone.co.uk/suresignal and click on Register your Sure Signal. When I went to that page there is no Register your Sure Signal and the only references to Sure Signal do not include how to register it.

I searched the web and found a different web address: http://campaigns.vodafone.co.uk/sure-signal-1/
and that seems to have worked.

cineriv
16: Advanced member
Hi all,

Could some please check out my Sure Signal account again.

This time I can't add user! I get as far as 'confirm' then get this error ...

Error invoking portlet "VAPGatewayController"

The source of this error is:com.bea.wsrp.faults.v1.OperationFailedExceptionImpl: Internal Server Error: null; nested exception is: javax.servlet.ServletException.; nested exception is: com.bea.wsrp.faults.v1.OperationFailedExceptionImpl: null; nested exception is: javax.servlet.ServletException at com.bea.wsrp.FaultInstanceFactory.(FaultInstanceFactory.java:44) at com.bea.wsrp.proxy.ProxyBase.raiseFault(ProxyBase.java:563) at com.bea.wsrp.proxy.ProxyBase.invoke(ProxyBase.java:464) at $Proxy67.getMarkup(Unknown Source) at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.markup.GetMarkupService.invoke(GetMarkupService.java:49) at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.markup.GetMarkupService.invoke(GetMarkupService.java:37) at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.markup.AbstractMarkupService.invoke(AbstractMarkupService.java:156) at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.markup.AbstractMarkupService.invoke(AbstractMarkupService.java:135) at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.markup.MarkupServicesFacade.invoke(MarkupServicesFacade.java:42) at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.controls.ProxyPortletContent.invokeGetMarkup(ProxyPortletContent.java:665) at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.controls.ProxyPortletContent.beginRender(ProxyPortletContent.java:318) at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlLifecycle$7.visit(ControlLifecycle.java:486) at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walkRecursiveRender(ControlTreeWalker.java:530) at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walkRecursiveRender(ControlTreeWalker.java:541) at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walkRecursiveRender(ControlTreeWalker.java:541) at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walkRecursiveRender(ControlTreeWalker.java:541) at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walkRecursiveRender(ControlTreeWalker.java:541) at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walk(ControlTreeWalker.java:249) at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.processLifecycles(Lifecycle.java:361) at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.processLifecycles(Lifecycle.java:339) at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.processLifecycles(Lifecycle.java:330) at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.run(Lifecycle.java:304) at com.bea.netuix.nf.UIControl.render(UIControl.java:597) at com.bea.netuix.servlets.controls.PresentationContext.render(PresentationContext.java:434) at com.bea.netuix.servlets.util.RenderToolkit.renderChild(RenderToolkit.java:147) at jsp_servlet._framework._skeletons._vodafonedefault.__template5col_02._jspService(__template5col_02.java:198) at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:34) at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:227) at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:125) at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:283) at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:175) at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.invokeServlet(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:533) at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.include(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:459) at com.bea.netuix.servlets.controls.application.laf.JspTools.renderJsp(JspTools.java:124)
etc. etc.

Cheers,
Mike.

cineriv
Bump

My post seems to have been overlooked.

newANDROIDuser
[

Retired-Reidar
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hello Cineriv and thanks for your post.

The error seams to indicate some sort of proxy issue, I'm not sure what's gone on exactly. Please can you advise what browser you're using to access the site, and whether you can access your account from an alternative PC?

Thanks

Reidar :ph34r:

eForum Team