main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

This is a locked archive and content on this page may no longer be up to date. These posts and threads have been archived for reference only.

Archive

Unable to register, add or remove users

Administrator

Hi tdevon

Thank you for your post and a very warm welcome to the eForum. :smileyhappy:

First thing I need to check is that the iPhone 4 you are looking to connect is on the Vodafone Network and does the iPhone 4 pick up signal normally when you are out and about.

Please could you post your serial number and we will take a look at this end, in the meantime please could you take a look at our SureSignal Troubleshooting thread and post any results back here.

Many Thanks

DaveCD

eForum Team

View more options
2: Seeker

Afternoon,

Just got my Sure Signal box and is working a treat with my new iphone.

Trying to add another user but getting the following error message:

Error invoking portlet "VAPGatewayController"

The source of this error is:

com.bea.wsrp.faults.v1.OperationFailedExceptionImpl: Internal Server Error: null; nested exception is: 
	javax.servlet.ServletException.; nested exception is: 
	com.bea.wsrp.faults.v1.OperationFailedExceptionImpl: null; nested exception is: 
	javax.servlet.ServletException
	at com.bea.wsrp.FaultInstanceFactory.<clinit>(FaultInstanceFactory.java:44)
	at com.bea.wsrp.proxy.ProxyBase.raiseFault(ProxyBase.java:563)
	at com.bea.wsrp.proxy.ProxyBase.invoke(ProxyBase.java:464)
	at $Proxy64.getMarkup(Unknown Source)
	at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.markup.GetMarkupService.invoke(GetMarkupService.java:49)
	at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.markup.GetMarkupService.invoke(GetMarkupService.java:37)
	at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.markup.AbstractMarkupService.invoke(AbstractMarkupService.java:156)
	at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.markup.AbstractMarkupService.invoke(AbstractMarkupService.java:135)
	at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.markup.MarkupServicesFacade.invoke(MarkupServicesFacade.java:42)
	at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.controls.ProxyPortletContent.invokeGetMarkup(ProxyPortletContent.java:665)
	at com.bea.wsrp.consumer.controls.ProxyPortletContent.beginRender(ProxyPortletContent.java:318)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlLifecycle$7.visit(ControlLifecycle.java:486)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walkRecursiveRender(ControlTreeWalker.java:530)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walkRecursiveRender(ControlTreeWalker.java:541)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walkRecursiveRender(ControlTreeWalker.java:541)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walk(ControlTreeWalker.java:249)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.processLifecycles(Lifecycle.java:361)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.processLifecycles(Lifecycle.java:339)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.processLifecycles(Lifecycle.java:330)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.run(Lifecycle.java:304)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.UIControl.render(UIControl.java:597)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.controls.PresentationContext.render(PresentationContext.java:434)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.util.RenderToolkit.renderChild(RenderToolkit.java:147)
	at jsp_servlet._framework._skeletons._vodafonedefault.__col5_11._jspService(__col5_11.java:141)
	at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:34)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:227)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:125)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:283)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.onAddToMapException(ServletStubImpl.java:394)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:309)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:175)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.invokeServlet(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:533)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.include(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:459)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.controls.application.laf.JspTools.renderJsp(JspTools.java:124)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.controls.application.laf.JspControlRenderer.beginRender(JspControlRenderer.java:81)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.controls.application.laf.PresentationControlRenderer.beginRender(PresentationControlRenderer.java:62)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlLifecycle$7.visit(ControlLifecycle.java:482)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walkRecursiveRender(ControlTreeWalker.java:530)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.ControlTreeWalker.walk(ControlTreeWalker.java:249)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.processLifecycles(Lifecycle.java:361)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.processLifecycles(Lifecycle.java:339)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.runOutbound(Lifecycle.java:186)
	at com.bea.netuix.nf.Lifecycle.run(Lifecycle.java:140)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.manager.UIServlet.runLifecycle(UIServlet.java:419)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.manager.UIServlet.processControlTree(UIServlet.java:305)
	at com.bea.netuix.servlets.manager.PortalServlet.service(PortalServlet.java:779)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:227)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:125)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.TailFilter.doFilter(TailFilter.java:26)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:42)
	at com.cj.trim.trimFilter.doFilter(trimFilter.java:86)
	at com.vodafone.couk.micrositeintegration.filter.MicrositeIntegrationFilter.doFilter(MicrositeIntegrationFilter.java:185)
	at com.vodafone.couk.filters.UnAuthenticatedPagesFilter.doFilter(UnAuthenticatedPagesFilter.java:151)
	at com.vodafone.couk.filters.PartialHoldingPagesFilter.doFilter(PartialHoldingPagesFilter.java:61)
	at com.vodafone.couk.filters.RedirectsFilter.doFilter(RedirectsFilter.java:113)
	at com.bea.p13n.servlets.PortalServletFilter.doFilter(PortalServletFilter.java:251)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.invokeServlet(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:531)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.RequestDispatcherImpl.forward(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:266)
	at com.vodafone.couk.portal.redirects.LongToSeoURLServlet.longToSEOURL(LongToSeoURLServlet.java:451)
	at com.vodafone.couk.portal.redirects.LongToSeoURLServlet.doPost(LongToSeoURLServlet.java:139)
	at com.vodafone.couk.portal.redirects.LongToSeoURLServlet.doGet(LongToSeoURLServlet.java:108)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:743)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.TailFilter.doFilter(TailFilter.java:26)
	at com.bea.p13n.servlets.PortalServletFilter.doFilter(PortalServletFilter.java:251)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3251)
	at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
	at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:121)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2010)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:1916)
	at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1366)
	at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:209)
	at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:181)

Let's me get as far as entering the number, then confirming it, then I get that page above.  Have tried it several times with the same results.

Any ideas?

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there Dan_I,

Many thanks for your post about being unable to add users to your Sure Signal.

Could you let me know the serial number of your VSS please?

Cheers,

Lee

View more options

Hi,

Sure, serial number is 40110738339.

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi there Dan_I,

Thanks for coming back to me.

I've checked and the number ending 904 that you are trying to add is not one of our numbers and doesn't exist on the Vodafone database. Is the user using a Vodafone SIM card?

If not then I'm afraid it will not be possible to add it to your access list.

If Spencer is using a Vodafone SIM then please let me know.

Cheers,

Lee

View more options

I am unable to register my SS - for more than a week.  The phone help said they couldn't either, and to try the next day.  That was a weeek ago.  I get the error message

"sorry we're having a technical problem at the moment.  Please try again in a few minutes.  If you keep seeing this message please contact us through our help centre."

Well I've tried that to no avail.  I don't know what to do next.  How much time is it reasonable to expect a customer to spend getting this wretched equipment to function?

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Cepheid,

Many thanks for your post here and I’m sorry that you have had issue registering your Sure Signal.

We are aware of an issue with registering Sure Signals at the moment however so we can get this sorted for you I have sent you a quick PM, please follow the instructions on the PM and one of the team will be able to pick this up and register the Sure Signal for you.

You can find your PM inbox here.

James

View more options
1: Seeker

Trying to add new users, it let me add one, and says I can add another 31, but when I try a few different numbers I get the same error.

Sorry we are not able to process your request because of following errors in your form.

Sorry, we're having a technical problem at the moment. Please try again in a few minutes. If you keep seeing this message, please contact us through the help centre.

Been getting the same error for a few hours now. Any ideas

View more options

Hi, I purchased a second hand SureSignal box (Serial: 21197242916) and I am unable to add a new user.  It says:

Sorry we are not able to process your request because of following errors in your form.

Sorry, we're having a technical problem at the moment. Please try again in a few minutes. If you keep seeing this message, please contact us through the help centre

Thanks, Jenny

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi lorol,

When looking at your issue there are a few things that we need to know.

What is the Sure Signal serial number?

Are the numbers you are trying to add all VodafoneUKnumbers?

Are you adding them one at a time?

@ jennym0104, your Sure signal is currently showing as suspended which is why you won’t be able to administer the device, I would recommend contacting the 3rd party where you purchased this for a refund.

James

View more options

New SS2 here. Have followed the steps, and it's sat idle for 20 hours. The status in the management site says pendingActive.

I've followed the instructions here for registering on the business site (Corporate account), but they send me to the same registration place. The whole thing is pretty confusing.

S/N: 40120113044

Thanks in advance!

View more options

Well, mine has gone back into it's box, and will end up in the bin unless Voda come to collect it.

An absolute waste of time. I've spent countless hours on the phone with support people, all of whom have entirely different opinions on how long setup should take or what the problem is. Of course, it is obviously my network, or my ISP....

Despite my account showing pendingActive and never having received any confirmation of setup, the problem is supposedly because my SS2 cannot connect to VF. When I login to see the status, it says I can't see anytihng because I am not yet registered. The deregister link results in a 404, and a new registration tells me the serial number is already used.

Vodafone should understand that the users of these things are already the frustrated ones because they already have service problems. 

I really wish I hadn't bothered.

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi Zeek,

My apologies for the delay in getting back to you regarding your Sure Signal issues.

Firstly when it comes to the Sure Signal being registered it will normally take up o 6 hours however we will normally advise a maximum of 24 hours.

Looking at the serial number that you have supplied it is currently showing as pending active which means that the registration has not been able to complete.

To get this working for you I have raised this with our IT support who will be able to rectify this for you however, in regards to the service not working can I ask what light sequence you are seeing when it is plugged in as you may need to open certain ports to allow the Sure Signal to create a stable VPN connection.

James

View more options
Hi James

Thanks. I get a solid red power light, no others.
SS2 has full connectivity. I've actually stuck it in the DMZ while we tried to get it working.
View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi zeek,

Can you take a look at this Sure Signal Troubleshooting thread, as there is already a topic for the steady power light only. Once you've gone through the troubleshooting guide, please post in the linked thread.

Thanks

Lee

View more options

I did - many times.

It's working now, after the 7th time on the phone with an engineer, with me insisting that you guys had not completed the process yet.

I've been repeatedly told the problem was with my router/line/ISP/the weather etc etc. Despite me only seeing pendingActive as the status and NEVER receiving a confirmation email/SMS of setup.

It would REALLY help everyone if you made sure your L1 and L2 helpdesks don't bother trying to troubleshoot a connection until the registration is complete on your end, and the confirmation has been sent. 

My email/SMS arrived this morning, and the unit kicked into life within 15 minutes and has worked since.

Cheers, Zeek.

View more options

Hi

Been trying to register my SureSignal for several days but your website keeps failing (numerous errors), latest message, is a technical fault try again later.

My serial number is 21196998534.

Can I register any otherway?

Thanks
Dan 

View more options
Moderator (Retired)

Hi danrp,

Can you confirm, step by step, what happens when you try to register the Sure Signal and what stage you reach before you get the error?

Also, have you just bought the Sure Signal from us, was it from a previous owner or have you had it for some time and you're looking to re-register it?

Dave

View more options

Dave

Fails on the last step, regardless if I opt to save without adding users or not. The SureSignal has been kicking around at work for a while so might have been registered before.

Thanks
Dan 

View more options

Hi

I have bought a used Suresignal box but when trying to register have constantly encountered the error message that there is a system error - please try again in  a few minutes.

The serial number is 21196805416

Wouild you please be able to assist ?

Many thanks

Nick

View more options