Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to register, add or remove users

Retired-George
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We’ve created this thread to help with online problems that may occur when registering, or managing your Sure Signal.

You need an online account so you can register and manage your Sure Signal.

You’ll receive a text as part of the registration process, which contains a security code. This code is only valid for 20 minutes.

We understand that if you own a Sure Signal, you’ll most likely have little or no coverage, so we recommend you register online when you know you’ll be able to receive the text.

Business customers:

If you’re a business customer you can’t register this via My Account and you need to visit Sure Signal for business. Just click ‘Register a Sure Signal’ and enter your company name as the owner and your mobile number as the administrator - this way you can still make any changes needed.

Consumer customers:

You’ll receive a text or email to confirm that the Sure Signal is fully registered.

Please note that problems can occur, if the number that’s registered as the Owner of the Sure Signal, is different than the main number registered for online billing.

Check for planned maintenance:

Check the forum for any planned maintenance. If there is, this will be announced at the top of the Sure Signal forum.

Planned maintenance can involve changes to the registration system, so wait for this to complete and then retry.

Pending active:

If your online account shows the Sure Signal as ‘Pending Active’, then post in this thread and we’ll look into it further.

All other issues:

If you have any other problems with your Sure Signal registration or management, just post the details below. We’ll need the following:

• Exact error message
  • Step by step instructions for how to recreate the issue
  • Operating system
  • Browser and browser version

Thanks, 

Jenny

848 REPLIES 848

FYI I've just called into support - Lilly resolved the registration issue straight away, not sure why nobody else could but thanks to here i'm over the first hurdle. Hopefully the rest will be plain sailing :Smiling:

Hi sebcraft,

Thanks for the update, it's great to hear the registration issue has been resolved for you :Smiling:

If you do have any further questions, don't hesitate to post.

Thanks

Andy

Received my Sure Signal today (as the local VF mast has been malfunctioning for at least 2 weeks, postcode KT10 0RF) unfortunately, following the instructions in the box leads to a webpage which no longer exists, searching VF support (which doesn't actually state you have to log into your account to register but have to watch a video to learn that...) then logged on to my account, and tried to click on the Register Sure Signal tab only to get a "Sorry we are changing some of our webpages" message and no link to registration!  What's going on at VF?  Can no longer get a VF signal where I live (which we've had for nearly 15 years without any problems), and can't register for Sure Signal as the links are broken/pages are down, and no other apparent method for registration.  Tried calling Customer Service but they shut at 8pm - not very good service!

It gets even better!  Tried again to register my Sure Signal clicking on the link from My Account and got a page full of coding errors 9this is just a short snip):

Error invoking portlet "VAPGatewayController"

The source of this error is:

com.bea.wsrp.faults.v1.OperationFailedExceptionImpl: Internal Server Error: null; nested exception is: 
	com.bea.portlet.adapter.scopedcontent.ActionLookupFailedException.; nested exception is: 
	com.bea.wsrp.faults.v1.OperationFailedExceptionImpl: null; nested exception is: 
	com.bea.portlet.adapter.scopedcontent.ActionLookupFailedException
	at com.bea.wsrp.FaultInstanceFactory.<clinit>(FaultInstanceFactory.java:44)
	at com.bea.wsrp.proxy.ProxyBase.raiseFault(ProxyBase.java:563)
	at com.bea.wsrp.proxy.ProxyBase.invoke(ProxyBase.java:464)
	at $Proxy64.getMarkup(Unknown Source)

Yeah, I get that as well. I phoned VF yesterday and was told would be fixed by this morning. Not happy :smileysad:

This is absolute genius! I've had a rubbish signal and there has been ongoing signal problems for months here. I was sent a Sure Signal box and I had to log in to register it. Ended up having to reset my password as once again I was having problems with my online account. Now every time I try to register it, it comes up with an error. Phone CS who tell me that there's an I.T problem which means this service is unavailable at the moment?!! :smileylol: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Are you SERIOUSLY kidding me?! I'm actually PAYING for this too!!

Absolutely unbelievable. I'm honestly speechless. Vodafone have hit the bottom for me & as soon as I can move, I'm outta here, This is the last straw. I've never known so much incompetence coming from such a massive international company.

I was told to try again later as I have been "promised" that it will be up and running by then. Fat lot of use that'll be as I need my phone TODAY. Not hopeful either as it looks like someone else has had the same problem.

gloriagatto
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi,

I'm having trouble with my SureSignal device (new type) in that I can't seem to add any users.

The device was set up earlier this year with one user and worked correctly for this user.  Since then, I logged in one day to discover the SureSignal device was missing from the account dashboard area on the Vodafone website.  As such, I re-registered it and it continued to work.

I tried to add a new user (separate handset / sim to mine) on the 2nd of May.  This seemed to work as expected on the website and the new user received an SMS confirming that they had been added.  Unfortunately, the second user has never been able to connect to the SureSignal box and the phone consistently shows "No Network".

I have tried removing and re-adding the user on the website as well as performing a factory reset of the SureSignal, but am still unable to get association/reception on the second handset.

I suspect that there may be some kind of duplicate profile floating around due to the fact that all evidence of my registered SureSignal device disappeared at one point, but obviously this is a best guess and I have no way of checking and/or resolving the issue if so.

Please could someone have a look, advise how to proceed, or suggest any further troubleshooting steps?  I can provide the serial number if required.

Many thanks,

Gloria

Hi gloriagatto,

Thanks for your post here.

So that we can look at the registration and the history of the Sur signal please can you let us know the serial number and we can see what is happening for you.

James

Hi James, thanks for your response.

As requested, the serial number is 40120120296

Regards,

Gloria

Hi gloriagatto and welcome to the eForum

Thanks for your post here. I’m sorry to hear about the problems you are having in getting this number setup on your Sure Signal.

The first question I have for you is what handset is it that is having the trouble in picking up signal? What I’m getting at is, is it definitely 3G and secondly, is the 3G turned on?

If you can let me know what phone it is I can check the handset make and model and produce a step by step guide on how to do this if you like?

If 3G is definitely switched on then we’ll need to check your account to make sure everything is set up correctly.

You can find your PM inbox here

Thanks

Wayne