Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to register, add or remove users

Retired-George
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We’ve created this thread to help with online problems that may occur when registering, or managing your Sure Signal.

You need an online account so you can register and manage your Sure Signal.

You’ll receive a text as part of the registration process, which contains a security code. This code is only valid for 20 minutes.

We understand that if you own a Sure Signal, you’ll most likely have little or no coverage, so we recommend you register online when you know you’ll be able to receive the text.

Business customers:

If you’re a business customer you can’t register this via My Account and you need to visit Sure Signal for business. Just click ‘Register a Sure Signal’ and enter your company name as the owner and your mobile number as the administrator - this way you can still make any changes needed.

Consumer customers:

You’ll receive a text or email to confirm that the Sure Signal is fully registered.

Please note that problems can occur, if the number that’s registered as the Owner of the Sure Signal, is different than the main number registered for online billing.

Check for planned maintenance:

Check the forum for any planned maintenance. If there is, this will be announced at the top of the Sure Signal forum.

Planned maintenance can involve changes to the registration system, so wait for this to complete and then retry.

Pending active:

If your online account shows the Sure Signal as ‘Pending Active’, then post in this thread and we’ll look into it further.

All other issues:

If you have any other problems with your Sure Signal registration or management, just post the details below. We’ll need the following:

• Exact error message
  • Step by step instructions for how to recreate the issue
  • Operating system
  • Browser and browser version

Thanks, 

Jenny

848 REPLIES 848

It would be nice to be kept abreast of progress - assuming there is any. Well, is there??

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your patience here.

I have had confirmation this morning that the numbers have now been added to the Sure Signals for you by our IT Service desk, please can you test the phones and let me know how you get on.

James   

Hi James,
I have just checked my dashboard and it does appear that the number has been added! I have texted my gf to see if she has signal in the house.
I'll report back as soon as I know anything.
Thanks,

Joe

Confirmed added and working ten days after the number was ported to Vodafone.

Hi guys,

The phone has been added successfully and appears to be working correctly with the Suresignal!
Thanks for your help!

Joe

Hi guys,

Thanks for the update, it's great to hear the additional phones are now able to connect to the Sure Signals.

If you do have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks

Andy

I'm having the same issue as a904lea - I'm a new customer who also came from Orange (only collected my devices from the Vodafone store yesterday), I've got PAC codes from Orange for me and my wife (I've made the request with Vodafone for mine only so far), and I can only get my wife's number to register on Sure Signal.  I've tried mine with and without names, also with and without '44' instead of the leading '0', as these are some things commented on in this thread.  However, I either get a message saying my number is already registered (it isnt, and it doesnt show in the user list) or I get what looks like a java code dump like a904lea does stating "Error invoking portlet "VAPGatewayController"" .

Moving to Vodafone has been quite a trauma so far, and I have a shiny new phone that I cant use....

andrewjamesgrif - you can only add genuine Vodafone mobile numbers to Sure Signal, so you won't be able to add numbers ported from Orange until they have been activated on Vodafone. I only mention that because it wasn't clear whether you have transferred the numbers already. Assuming the problem you are having is adding users who have already successfully ported numbers to Vodafone, may I extend a warm welcome to our small (but growing) band of disgruntled new Vodafone customers who are unable to add recently ported numbers to their Sure Signal boxes. a904lea

sebcraft
4: Newbie

I received my Sure Signal box over a week ago and have not been able to get it working as it won't register. All i get in the form is a message of:

Sorry - we're unable to process your request right now. It won't take us long to fix this issue

I've tried every day for a week, called support who have the same problem, I've tried different PCs but all results in the same.

So far VF have been incredibly poor at handing this issue, no feedback, no timescales, no appology and no help. Given the box is useless without registration, I need this looking into ASAP.

I'm hoping that the TechTeam will be able to help instead. Please could you get back to me with a way of registering the box, or at least some black and white truth about the problem.

Seb

For info my SS id is 40121020107 - looking forward to hearing from you soon...
Thanks,
Seb