Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unsuitable rewards

SuperStomper
4: Newbie

Sorry - I can't find anywhere else to post this .

I am a single female pensioner and, despite being promised by Vodafone that the PAYG rewards would improve after the changeover,  they haven't. Rewards are still geared to the young who I would have thought would be more likely to be contract users. Most of my friends are on pay as you. I don't want a new smart phone, or a selfie stick, or headphones. I want shop vouchers please. And for less than £20/£25 as I am struggling to build up my rewards before they expire. Failing that, as a fallback position, I would like to be able to redeem my rewards for a vodafone voucher that I can use to top up with. I can't find out if that is possible. Thanks for reading my rant.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)

@SuperStomper

Aha! It took me a bit of searching to find your thread, but I wanted to make sure that you were aware of the inclusion of Bonus Credit and UK Data options in the current Rewards Catalogue.

Probably not exactly what we were hoping for, but as near to it as was ever likely. I live in an area of poor signal, and realistically get only limited benefit from Bundles or Freebies, although I play my hand for what it's worth! But once in a while I'm in areas of better signal, and being able to buy extra credit or data with my stock of Points, rather than pay hard cash, will be very welcome.

Annie.

View solution in original position

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

I understand what your saying. 

Hopefully this will be fed back up the communication chain and the offers are eventually shaken up a bit. 

We all deserve a rant every now and again. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

kids

Excellent suggestions.

i am sure that there must be thousands of PAYG customers who feel the same as you and would prefer vouchers of one sort or another that kick in at a lower level of points earned.

Annie_N

@SuperStomper

You echo my feelings exactly!

In reply to the question that you raise, no, the Vodafone vouchers that you can get cannot be used to pay for top-ups. I used a voucher to get a £5 set of SIM adapters and clear out some Rewards points that would otherwise expire, and converted some other points into a very short USB lead, but there is a limit to how many odds and ends it is worth having on a just-in-case basis.

Annie.

Personally, I'd rather they just scrapped the rewards scheme altogether and reduced the cost of calls by whatever the saving is.

Failing this there should at least be an easy opt out.

Annie_N

@SuperStomper

Aha! It took me a bit of searching to find your thread, but I wanted to make sure that you were aware of the inclusion of Bonus Credit and UK Data options in the current Rewards Catalogue.

Probably not exactly what we were hoping for, but as near to it as was ever likely. I live in an area of poor signal, and realistically get only limited benefit from Bundles or Freebies, although I play my hand for what it's worth! But once in a while I'm in areas of better signal, and being able to buy extra credit or data with my stock of Points, rather than pay hard cash, will be very welcome.

Annie.

Thanks Annie. You are correct - it's not really what I wanted to spend my rewards points on (I still prefer chocolate! LOL) but if I can get a £10 14-day bonus credit with 750 points it's some sort of results. Thanks again for serching me out and providing the info. It's much appreciated. I was in danger of losing some points very soon.

Annie_N

Ah well, chocolate.........

It's definitely better for my waistline if I have to pay real money to get hold of the stuff. If I feel that it does no damage to the wallet, it increases the danger no end!