Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

VF Usage Manager

simonmurray
4: Newbie

I am having issues with the vodafone usage manager app.

I am using an HTC One M8 with latest Android 5.01.

On Friday week ago it went haywire and was telling me I was using Gigs of data, and when I phoned VF customer service, they confirmed that I was not, and that I should uninstall the app and then re-install.

This I did, but only for the same issue to re-occur again on Friday!

Any ideas??

NOTE: I hav epout this on HTC board, but don't think this is appropriate, as list of boarsd is v. poor, i.e. should be one for "Android".

Rgds Simon

[Samung S8 & Vodafone V8 (business)]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hrym
17: Community Champion

@simonmurray wrote:

What does backend mean?

Anyway, I don't want a separate app., I want the one provided by VF to work! 

The system at Vodafone's end that provides the information to the My Vodafone app.

My Vodafone can run anything up to 72 hours behind.  A 3rd party app doesn't replace, but supplements it.  It monitors your usage in real time, so will show it before it hits your account.  You can set it to warn you at levels you choose, allowing you to head off a charge for extra data if you want to.  It will also analyse usage by the app and down to the hour (which the Vodafone one won't), allowing you to nail a data hog before it becomes a problem.

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

hrym

There have been other reports of odd usage figures showing up and it appears to have been a backend problem.  Have a look at My Vodafone in the red banner above as well.

You can also use a data monitoring app to review your usage in real time too.

What does backend mean?

Rgds Simon

hrym

@simonmurray wrote:

What does backend mean?

The system at Vodafone's end that provides the information to the My Vodafone app.

My Vodafone can run anything up to 72 hours behind.  A 3rd party app doesn't replace, but supplements it.  It monitors your usage in real time, so will show it before it hits your account.  You can set it to warn you at levels you choose, allowing you to head off a charge for extra data if you want to.  It will also analyse usage by the app and down to the hour (which the Vodafone one won't), allowing you to nail a data hog before it becomes a problem.

OK, understand.

But I don't realy need an app, as I am never near the limits, except when its going daft because of something wrong at VF!!

Rgds Simon

hrym

What you want to find out is whether your phone is really using this data.  If it is, you need to know what's doing it, which My Vodafone won't be able to tell you.   Doing it this way will mean you can find the solution yourself, rather than being without the phone while it's away for repair (which I suspect, in any case, it doesn't need).

I use My Data Manager on Android and I believe it's also available for iOS.  If you search the appropriate app store for "data manager", you should get a variety of options.

OK, undertand, but as i said in my original post, VF customer service confirmed that on their system it was not showing such, so it was a backend / VF usage app issue.

Anyway, I am more confused as to why my battery peroformance post came into thus thread, and that is the much more important issue.

Rgds Simon

Hi @simonmurray 

Please speak to our Live help team, and we can double check your usage. 

Thanks,

Amanda 

I'm confused.....I understand I should conduct some monitoring, before sending for repair, but surely I need to monitor apps & processor, not data downloading!? Can you recommend an app for this?

Although as per my other post today, i have an issue with VFs own data monitroing app!

Rgds Simon

Angie79
4: Newbie
I've had these same issues for the last two months. Which mean that I'm being charged extra for items I know 100% I haven't used. Very annoying.
Then takes about 3 attempts to speak to someone to get this rectified. In the end they sort it out. Refund & offer discount etc. But then it happens again the next month.
Very annoying.
Thanks
Angie