Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Mobile Broadband - Connection Problems

LucyAllen
Not applicable
Hi - I recently bought a mobile broadband package with laptop and have been having problems connecting to the internet for the last week or so. My postcode is GU19 5QL so I think I should be getting good coverage. Last night I tried connecting and it would connect for about 2 - 5 seconds before disconnecting. It looked like the signal dropped off but then it was able to locate the network again immediately, try connecting, connect then it disconnected. I've disabled my wireless connection manager to see if this would help but it hasn't.

Is this simply a case of someother piece of software etc interferring or is there poor coverage?
1 REPLY 1

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)
Hi LucyAllen,

A warm welcome to the eForum! You’ve come to the right place to get this sorted. :D

Firstly thanks for all the info provided, this will ensure we can resolve your query quicker. ^_^

I’ve looked into this and the sites in your area appear to be working fine.

Have you tried connecting on 2G? If not, please give this a try.

Should you still experience the same disconnection problems on 2G then this points towards a fault with your modem rather than the network as we can see that the 2G coverage is fine.

However, if the fault is not replicated on 2G then I recommend you try connecting in another area with full 3G coverage. You can test this at your local Vodafone store as they will have full 3G coverage. :)

If it does transpire that there is a fault with your modem then you can get this repaired. Check out our repairs thread for further information.

Once you’ve got this back up and running again, I recommend you take a look at the fantastic things you can do through My Account, such as managing your price plan or adding or removing bars. I recommend you take 5 minutes to take a look at all of the things you can do online without having to contact the call centre, which will save you lots of time in the future! :)

All the best,

Jenny
eForum Team