Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 App Notification Count

ianpeppard
3: Seeker

Just got my vodafone Ultra 6, I do not mind if the notification LED works or not, but I do want my apps to display a notification count, Currently this does not work. I have read that if I do a reset and do not use google backup at the start the LED will then work, but its the count next to the app I am after. Any suggestionss?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It's not a issue as such, just the way stock android is deseigned, unlike HTC or Samsung phone's which have there own skin on the top, this is plain android which never has the notification icons. 

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

When you say "notification count", do you mean along the lines of "n new messages" or "x new interations"?   I don't think there's a toggle for this anywhere in settings and it may depend on when the notification comes in.  I've never check to see whether, for instance, the notification changes if I get one for a single email and then another one arrives.

ianpeppard
On the email, text, WhatsApp apps on your homescreen they usually display a number on the top right to show you how many you have unopened from people. That way you know you have messages so open the app and look at them

Stock android does not have this feature, silly really, but i use Nova launcher prime with Telsa unread plug in to give me notification counts for messaging. 

ianpeppard
BigD18t many many thanks. Ill use the same and more CH apprecisted . Fingers crossed they get an update to resolve

It's not a issue as such, just the way stock android is deseigned, unlike HTC or Samsung phone's which have there own skin on the top, this is plain android which never has the notification icons.