Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart Ultra - Marshmallow 6.0

irishfever1
3: Seeker

I'm wondering if the Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 will receive the Marshmallow update, if it doesn't, I'm probably gonna go for a different phone option. Please let me know if you know it will or if it is in the making.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

irishfever1
An upgrade to 5.1 would be nice at least? no update before I get this phone in December? Vodafone is losing a customer of 3 years

View solution in original position

64 REPLIES 64

Lunario1
No Germany support download on ZTE site weird

I updated only yesterday and so far I can only strongly recommend you to wait.

Aside the SDcard issue I'm noticing a very high battery drain.

With the latest Android 5 patch the bluetooth started drainging the battery, 40% in average.

I was hoping to fix it but it looks got even worse, have to check tomorrow with a normal usage.

Otherwise will try the painful but effective factory defaults reset.

Link for download ?

Lunario1
It's rolling out on Portugal now

The_SiO
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I updated a couple of days ago and everything seems fine with the battery. I needed about 4gb of internal memory free to get it to install.

I followed what Sprograt on Hot UK deals suggested to clean up after the update:

"And another tip after updating to MM turn off the phone and go into recovery by pressing Volume + and the Power button at the same time and when the "Powered by Android" screen appears release the Power button then using the Volume down button go down to Clear Cache Partition and then press the Power button and the following screen will ask you do you want to Wipe Cache use Volume down to highlight Yes and then press the Power button then another screen pops up with Reboot System Now already highlighted just press the Power button and the phone reboots, this process solves a lot of problems after updating firmware including sorting out heavy battery usage."

I used M1hai1's solution over at modaco to sort the SD adoptable storage problem out.

Hope that helps

I updated to Android 6.0.1, build no VDF-995NB02-UK10d, successfully, on 15/02/2017. To the unexpected "new SD card detected", I responded with "set up as portable storage", and afterwards set camera to store in SD card, as I had had it before. So far, I have noticed:

1. Battery life in standby, in a house where there is no signal, seems to be greatly increased (from 2 days to 4 days).

2. In "Gallery", there seems to be two identical "Album" thumbnails for each folder: I daren't delete any because the folders themselves aren't duplicated. Is there a way to correct this?

I don't have the thumbnails issue, I'd try to remove the ".thumbnails" folder manually on the internal storage and sd card or use a cleaning up.

I still have the Bluetooth issue so I'll have to do a factory reset.

After few days it goes much better: I can move a lot of apps to the sdcard and in general works much better.

The battery life is greatly increased especially when in idle with doze.

I also use Greenify and works very well now. I had 0% battery drain for 3 hours yesterday night, very helpful if you forget to plug in the charger.

All the annoying bugs are gone: lags, freezes, battery overheating, mobile radio crashes, lag while charging, etc

The device is indeed snappier as it should have been and Google Now does not drain 20% battery in background.

Do I need to do anything special to get the update to work?

My phone keeps telling me there is an update, and every time I download and install it the install fails with a Twitter.apk error.

I have tried removing the existing Twitter app in case that was confusing the install, and it made no difference.

After reading about install failing due to SD cards I tried taking out the SD card and installing, and that failed as well.

@mentalis: check you have about 2 GB free space on internal storage