Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone Smart V8 - signal dropping

CP198516
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I've just upgraded to a Vodafone Smart V8.  The mobile signal bar is low or even non-existent much of the time. This wasn't the case with my previous LG G3.  Part of the reason I chose a V8 was I hoped it might be optimised to pick up the Vodafone signal frequencies.  Is it just super-sensitive (so perhaps appears to be less when it isn't really), or could it be an intelligent feature where it drops signal to save power when it knows it is not being used?  Or could it just be a fault?  If so, is there any easy way to address that?  Thanks  

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Are you able to pop your sim back in your previous phone just to see if signal returns ?

Some phones do lock onto signal better than others Yes @CP198516

Does the signal issue happen everywhere or at home ?

If everywhere and your sim works ok in your previous phone then either the phone itself isn't as good to hold onto signal or it could be a hardware issue. 

If ownership of the phone is under 30 days then you can request a new replacement.

If over 30 days then Vodafone would send it away for a diagnostic. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately I can't put it into the previous phone as it was a different SIM size.  I do know my work phone (some basic level Samsung) seems to register better signal in exactly the same spot at the same time.  I'll try taking the SIM out and putting back in.  Yes it is only a few days old, so if no joy with that, I'll try taking it into a Vodafone store.  🙂

BandOfBrothers

A workaround is to put your Nano SIM in a plastic sim card adapter to fit your previous phone ! £1 discount stores sell them or their available in the Network shops. 

A Vodafone High street Store would replace it if they supplied it in the first place. If you had it sent to you via courier then you'd need to speak with Customer service. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.