cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Vodafone disconnected me to try and fix a different issue and now they cannot re-activate my account

rfollett
2: Seeker

On the 15th April 2017 – I called and asked for a ONEOFF 2GB to be added to my account..

I have had an ongoing issue for long time now since I added 2GB data.. You have added it every month, so I have called many times, each month you keep adding £10 to my account and I have to spend 30mins on phone explaining what you have done wrong.

13th July - So it has still not been removed so apparently the only way to solve is to disconnect my number and reconnect.

The service guy could not tell me the nearest Vodafone store to me so I had to look it up which amazes me! He said a new sim could NOT be sent to me via courier the next day.

Vodafone tried to reconnect but it did not work.. so I have to drive 30 miles to collect new sim card then call you again... you can’t call me on my mobile as I have no service.

so when I collect my new sim card I have to call 0333 again. So NO SERVICE SINCE 13th July

14th July – drove to Plymouth to collect new sim card – Called from shop to give client services new Sim card number, she said it will be activated from 2-24 hours.

Drove home for 1 hour – called again at 1pm to check if she was successful in activating new Sim card – The guy said NO, it had failed again. BUT no one called me to explain that this had failed AGAIN..

So now a new pre activated card is being sent to me via courier, which is what I asked for in the first place.

So I will wait and see if the new card arrives and it works.. due tomorrow on 15th July was told on phone it would be courier but looking at email it says sim cards are sent royal mail 2-3 working days!

When I try to login to my Vodafone account online it does not let me…

All this just because YOU cannot remove the 2GB data on my account that you KEEP charging me!!

Called on Monday 17th July to see if my sim card is on the way – he was going to call me back but no call.

Called on Tuesday 18th July 17:54 as still no sim card.. On hold for many many mins – how much is this costing me?? 03333041259 – He says that a sim card has not been sent because there are too many errors on my account.

So today at 18:18 on 18th July the guys said he has to delete my account! And create a new account… So I guess I will lose everything – he assures me it will be fine but clearly you understand my concerns as this has been going on now since 14th April!

I am now on hold again… I have been a vodafone customer for over 15 years…

No idea how long I have been on hold now… 0333 from my landline….

He asked me for my full PIN number and my user id.. which I gave him.. was a bit concerned I had to give this…

I hour on the phone and he has sent up a new account and says that I will get a sim card in next 3 days then I have to call again to get the sim card activated..

Another new Sim card arrived today 20th July – On call now 6pm after work to call center. He 1st tried to use old  account number and this did not work so I had to tell him new account number . he trying again to activate new sim on this account.

GUESS WHAT! It didn’t work ! guy said there is an error saying that my number does not exist..

I expect that you will lose my number next that I have had for 15 years!

So now my issue has been escalated and I have to wait 48 hours for a call back.. I gave my home number and my wife mobile number.. I am out all day so I won’t be able to talk to them.

26th July – NUMBER STILL NOT WORKING – No update from Vodafone..

28th July 09:35 called again to get update.. on hold – more 0333 costs. No updates.. more wasted money..

29th July they called again to say no update now until Monday as SUPER USERS don’t work over the weekend!

I called them again on 31st July for an update and the guy said it will all be fixed tomorrow and he will give me a call to confirm.. It is not fixed and he did NOT give me a call.

I called them again on 1st Aug and was on hold for long time but still no news.. The account will not re-activate since Vodafone de-activated it.

2nd Aug – waiting for a call

3 REPLIES 3

rfollett

If I request a PAC code from Vodafone, will it actually work if currently my account is not working? (will not re-activate)

I'm having the same issue. Basically they have some fault on their side, and have been charging me four times a month for my bill for the last 4 months, but reckon this disconnect - reconnect thing will sort it, but now on the day that my phone was due to work again, they have no record of my SIM.

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rfollett - I’m disappointed to hear the experience you’re having with all of this.

Your number will need to be active, in order for a PAC to work.

So we can help to get his resolved, please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

@JamesNarey - I’m sorry to hear what’s happened with your account. I’ve replied to your other post here.