main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

This is a locked archive and content on this page may no longer be up to date. These posts and threads have been archived for reference only.

Archive

Wi-Fi calling

SOLVED
View solved solution
ElMartinez
2: Seeker

Hi guys,

I have few questions about Wi-Fi calling which is available on my new iphone 6s.

Wi-Fi Calling in UK

- As far as I know wi-fi calling to UK numbers is treated as using your normal minutes allowance - which means that unlimited allowance means free wi-fi calling all the time but:

How does it work with wi-fi calling from uk to abroad numbers (like norway, germany or poland)

Wi-Fi calling from Europe

- Am I correct to say that wi-fi calling to uk numbers while being abroad is also treated as normal free-minutes allowances while wi-fi calling to abroad numbers (while being abroad) is charged as calling abroad from uk via mobile network

Wi-Fi calling from everywhere else

- Does it work as Europe?

Finally - when does wi-fi calling activates itself? Is it as soon as you are on wi-fi or when you are on wi-fi and have NO mobile reception?

Thanks in advance!!!

View more options
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

The truth is that Wi fi calling is a UK only service. It will not work outside of the UK. If anyone has told you differently they are wrong.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View solution in original position

View more options
7 REPLIES 7
Retired-Charles
Moderator (Retired)

@ElMartinez - Wi-Fi Calling is for UK use only and any international calls made will be charged the standard international rates.

View more options
psychopomp1
5: Helper

Hi,

Actually Vodafone wifi calling can be used from abroad to make free calls/texts to UK and also receive calls from UK. For this you need to subscribe to a VPN service which gives you a UK IP address, this fools Vodafone into thinking you're connected to a UK wifi network when clearly you're not.

View more options
ElMartinez
2: Seeker
Hi,

It appears to contradicts with what I was told by vodafone rep - she told me that I can use wi-fi calling abroad to call uk numbers as well as call abroad numbers from uk - both calls will be treated as part of your inclusive minutes.

So what is the truth then?:)
View more options
jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

The truth is that Wi fi calling is a UK only service. It will not work outside of the UK. If anyone has told you differently they are wrong.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View solution in original position

View more options
Rozak
1: Seeker
View more options
ukvw
1: Seeker

Section 10 and 13 seem to suggest that any wifi calls are to be treated as normal calls even while in roaming:

Roaming

1. If you make any calls to UK mobiles or landlines over Wi-Fi whilst roaming, your calls will be charged in accordance with your usual UK bundle and treated as if you’ve made the call from the UK.
    13. Calls made over Wi-Fi will appear on your bill as your usual monthly UK minute allowance.

Can anyone from vodafone clarify this please?

thank you

View more options
John
Administrator

@ukvw We don't support Wi-Fi calling abroad. Once you connect to a non UK network, your phone disables Wi-Fi calling.
You can check out a similar discussion within the Community here.
For more information and support on Wi-Fi calling please see here.

View more options