Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wifi Calling on Galaxy Note 7?

fareynuff
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Does the new Samsung Galaxy Note 7 support Vodafone wifi calling in the same way the other recent Galaxy models (S6, S7) do?

Thanks!

18 REPLIES 18

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @fareynuff

You will see the WiFi supported phones on the link below.

WiFi calling

The Note 7 has not yet been released and is only available for pre order. Keep a watch on the link to see if the Note 7 will be added to the list of compatable phones.

BandOfBrothers

Hi @fareynuff

Possibly keep your eye out in the Vodafone Blog too. 

Link > Vodafone Blog.

And here at the forum for forum announcements. :Smiling:

Keep in mind that the criteria maybe the same as the Samsungs already eligable that they have to be obtained directly from Vodafone and not an independent. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Vodafone are now advertising wifi calling as a feature in the "Why Vodafone for your Note 7?" section on the device page:

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/brands/samsung/galaxy-note-7/index.htm#Black/64 

However, I now have my Note 7 in hand (until Vodafone decide what they are doing about the recall anyway!) and I have requested wifi calling activation via text message as per the instructions and also again by calling Vodafone support (as I didn't get the confirmation text saying it had been set up that I was told I would receive when activating via text). 

I have tried to follow the instructions to activate this locally on my device (using the instruction for other Galaxy devices as the instructions haven't been updated to mention the Note 7 yet) but the option to do this is missing (and I see other users on other networks reporting the same).

Apparently, despite Vodafone advertising this as a feature of the device (and this was my primary reason for purchasing this model and for switching to Vodafone as my provider) it doesn't actually support wifi calling currently...?! Can anyone confirm otherwise?

Hello @fareynuff

Did you order / purchase the device directly from Vodafone, or was the device purchased from a third party like Carphone Warehouse?

Louise

Hi Louise

It was purchased direct from Vodafone (online) on a new Red bundle contract so it should be eligible.

63johnw
Hi. Have you checked for any firmware updates to make sure you have the latest one?

BandOfBrothers

Still not showing as a supported handset in the official page. 

Vodafone and Calling Over Wifi.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Wifi calling is clearly shown as a feature of the device on the Vodafone product page (as already stated above) under 'Why Vodafone for your Galaxy Note 7?"

I would call that an official page?

kids
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@fareynuff I agree with you that the sales pitch clearly offers wifi calling with the relevant bundles and it should certainly be available.

The fact that it is not shown on the page of supported devices is irrelevant and probably only because the page has yet to be updated.