Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Windows 8 Limited Connectivity

Tomlewis86
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Hi.

Seems there is a problem with Vodafone dongles on windows 8. So far I have used a couple of dongles. The only one I have a model number for is the K3770. I have tried it with the newest Mobile Broadband Software, version 10.3.210. The Vodafone software itself says its connected and when Norton is installed it says that it has detected a mobile Internet connection and turns on a kind of low usage mode (I've tried it with and without Norton by the way). The problem comes when you bring up the settings through the charms and it shows the connection as Limited and won't load any pages.
I have so far tested 2 dongles on 3 different laptops and get the same issue on ll of them. All the laptops are brand new with fresh installs of Windows 8.

Hopefully that's all the info you need but just let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks a lot
Tom
22 REPLIES 22

Hi Everyone

Just thought I’d add my two-penned.

I have just changed from Orange to Vodafone Mobile Broadband.  I have a K3772 with software version 10.3.209.  I have three laptops, a new Windows 8, an old Windows XP and a Linux (Ubuntu) machine.  The new dongle and software works perfectly on Windows XP but, as all the other posts above, on Windows 8 it connects with full signal strength but Windows reports no internet connection.

I have read all of the posts, help files and whatever I can find with no solution.  It says in the posts above that the dongles have been tested with Windows 8 but from the many frustrated posts I have read I doubt that this could have been particularly thorough.  Fairly typical behaviour for the big companies; get peoples money rolling in and maybe fix it later!!!

It was good to read that Stretch81 managed to solve the problem but unfortunate that he is unable to say what he did that did the trick.

I have had to resort to using a dial-up connection which is far from satisfactory.

Retired-Andy
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi ttjack,

We have a more recent version of Vodafone Mobile Broadband (VMB) for Windows available on our Global Technical Support site, you can find more information, and also the download link, here. This may fix the issues that you’re facing. Can you give it a try and let me know how you go on?

Thanks

Andrew

Hi,

I was helping Stretch out with her Windows 8 problems so thought I'd give you a shout.

It is a bit of an odd situation as Vodafone have mentioned they tested the dognles with Windows 8 and we did the same here. Neither of us ran into the problems that have been described in the forum posts, so it is looking like a bit of an odd one.

As, in some cases, it all works fine and in others it doesn't I'm thinking that the issue lies with the local setup (the combination of hardware, OS, dongle and Mobile Broadband software).

The key thing that I'm interested in is the make/model of laptop that's having the problems, is there any chance that you could let us know this?

Thanks in advance.