Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

iMessage

Jonneh
4: Newbie

Recently switched from Vodafone contract to a pay as you go using my iPhone 5S. I found after, I could only send iMessages using my email and my old number was still registered to my phone but after hours of online searching and browsing the apple forums I can not seem to activate my new number with iMessage. 

I also think it's pretty bad pay as you go customers have to pay to speak to an advisor. I spent £20 for my freedom package, I'm sure people on contract pay less than that a month. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jeffkinn
17: Community Champion

This isn't a Vodafone issue but an Apple problem and you need to speak to them.

Look at this link - it should help

http://support.apple.com/en-is/TS5185

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

jeffkinn

This isn't a Vodafone issue but an Apple problem and you need to speak to them.

Look at this link - it should help

http://support.apple.com/en-is/TS5185

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

I've already exhausted Apples KB and their forums, I've previously work for Apple and never come across this problem before so I've come to the conclusion it has to be something to do with Vodafone.

jeffkinn

Then you have reached the wrong conclusion. iMessage is an Apple service that uses data - it has nothing to do with vodafone whasoever any more than Whatsapp, BBM or any internet website.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png

Apart from when I first recieved my Blackberry from Vodafone many years ago and they had incorrectly set up Blackberry internet. 

I find it very strang I've had no problems with this phone until I switched to pay as you go. Despite not recieving this phone through Vodafone and it was fine on contract despite having a 4s before that (which was also not issued by Vodafone).

I'm not an idiot, please don't treat me like one.

jeffkinn

Setting up BIS or BES is a completely different matter as that is part of the signal being generated by Vodafone. iMessage isn't.

No one is treating you like an idiot but I'm trying to point you in the right direction and away from going up a blind alley. iMessage is an Apple service and has no connection with Vodfaone whatsoever. The problem you are facing is quite common with iMessage and that's why they recently developed the tool that I linked you to allowing you to deregister iMessage against a certain phone number. One that's done you'll be able to associate it with your new number.

Whether you choose to follow the advice is up to you.

Jeffkinn_Sig.png